Underpriced SPX options at expiration

Discussion in 'Options' started by FSU, Oct 29, 2017.

1. FSU

FSU

That's true, but the point of my thread was I think that these options have been underpriced, relative to the potential gain. So if you played these each expiration you can come out ahead. I haven't done any studies, just something for everyone to look at.

#21     Dec 29, 2017
  2. rber

rber

From my experience most of the time SPX is usually flat on Mon/Wed/Friday expiration takes some news/event like tax reform or fed or tax selling etc to move it, usually its struck between strike prices.

#22     Dec 29, 2017
  3. rber

rber

tax selling, try doing that on normal expiration day, it moves cents killing both near otm puts and calls

#23     Dec 29, 2017
  4. spindr0

spindr0

Boat loads of money, yacht, blabber, heist plans... And you're not being sarcastic?

FSU was kind enough to share a strategy that works for him and that's your reply? What's your problem?

#24     Dec 30, 2017
    Gambit likes this.
  5. Sig

Sig

And truth be told if FSU wanted a yacht he'd probably have one and no one here would know because he wouldn't "blabber" about it!

#25     Dec 30, 2017
  6. Gambit

Gambit

Lets all chill and backtest. The strategy is out in the open/public so maybe if we collaborate, we can all make some money.

#26     Dec 30, 2017
  7. spindr0

spindr0

I've been doing equity options for nearly 40 years but never even one single index option so yeh, I'd like to hear/read additional discussion about this. Even this old dog is interested in new tricks...

#27     Dec 30, 2017