Underground Traders Trading Pit

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sandy, Oct 18, 1999.

1. one thing you critics are forgetting....whatever room you're in...you soon discover how well they are doing for you...if you're making more than the subscription...where's the loser???

[dancing] doug neston

#41     Nov 13, 2001
  2. overshoot

overshoot

whats the LBR chatroom?

cu

#42     Nov 13, 2001
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

This is Linda's home page:

http://www.mrci.com/lbr/

Go there and the first link under the picture of her will take you to the chatroom, etc.

#43     Nov 13, 2001
  4. jem

jem

My post was just educational. If the chat rooms are really showing profits then you could take my criticism as postive criticism and an endorsment. If Jay shows his trades and the p&L based on his real time calls then I would be saying his chat is legit and if he is making money then I would say he is doing a good thing.

The same can be said of my statement about pristine. If ovliver or any of his writers are showing real time profits then it would be worth the money. I have never paid for a chat room and am only making statements based on what people said here and what you can read on the chat rooms web sites. I will say I tested one out for a week and the substance of the room was The ndx is tanking or the ndx is going up so I thought it would be a kind of expensive substitute for a chart. I know some of the chats teach new traders how to set up their charts. If someone needs this help the costs may be worth it. But in mind my if a room is taking credit for trading calls they should post a real time P$L otherwise it is garbage.

P.S. my motivation for writing most anything here is because I have seen a lot of traders lose a lot of money over the past five years. I watched people at a now closed soes place lose hundreds of thousands of dollars to people promoting misinformation. I know of retired people who have lost everything listening to gurus and the radio and t.v. saying that nasdaq four thousand was an unbeatable opportunity to get long. Now, I feel that people should take responsiblity but we know many people are also very gullible. I wonder how people like Joe Battipaglia Abbey Cohen, etc can live with themselves and I wonder how many people are being sold misinformation on the net.

#44     Nov 13, 2001
  5. dottom

dottom

A chatroom should have explicit entries and exits that are made live and those should be the only one that get tracked as far as "real world performance" is concerned.

If the chatroom wants to have a separate section showing "what some of our members may have made" based on how they "managed their exists" that's fine, but as far as evaluating how good the signals of the chatroom operator(s) are, entries/exist need to be recorded in real-time.

There are a few separate (but related) discussions going on here.

1) Is the education in a chatroom valuable?

2) Are explicit entries and exist that a trader can make and profit along with the chatroom operator? Or does a trader need to first "learn how to manage" his/her exists. (Don't say it depends on what style of trading- a chatroom operator should explicitly say: if you're a scalper, here is your exit; if you're a swing-trader, here is your exit; if you're a trend-follower, here is your exit; etc.)

3) Do people evaluate the worthiness of a chatroom based on the real-time performance of its operator(s), or is education and guidance enough?

#45     Nov 13, 2001
  6. I could never understand why you would want to piggyback someone else's trades. It defeats the whole idea of trading. A trader makes his own decisions and lives with them. Paying someone to take that responsibility is a contradiction in terms. You are not trading anymore, you are merely a copycat. That may not mean much to some but for a lot of us, we couldn't look at ourselves in the mirror. I think that largely accounts for the hostile reception, plus the realization that most of these sites are rip-offs. If newbies want to subscribe to a site to learn, it sounds reasonable but what are they learning? To analyze the market or to do a quick execution on the guru's say so?

#46     Nov 13, 2001
  7. chatroom operators have the right to express their calls in any format they choose...but their calls should not be recorded in a manner that is up for interpretation...the way they arrive at their performance records should be explicit and well defined.

now on this exit thing....how would you propose they go thru detailed explanations in real time on momo plays for 20-30c that flash then fade like shooting stars?

swing trades...maybe there is time for handholding and sweet talk...

but momo plays that quickly *pop* then are gone even faster...no time there for foreplay...;~}

[dancing] doug neston

#47     Nov 13, 2001
  8. TradeRX = Doug Neston .. TradeRX seems to be changing his nickname on a weekly basis.. gotta pity the guy!

#48     Nov 13, 2001
  9. AAA,

a 'what if' q for you....

what if a super trader emerged and you had proof [absolute undeniable proof] 90% calls were big winners.....

would you still feel the same way...your ..'i gotta do it my way' stance...

which would you choose.....ego gratification trading just your calls....

or MAJOR CACHINGO in The Room!

think carefully

[dancing] doug neston

#49     Nov 13, 2001
  10. TradeRX aka Doug Neston... hey, you moron, when are you gonna stick with one nickname rather than change it every week like a schizo (unless you ARE in fact one)

#50     Nov 13, 2001