Under what circumstances might the merger between TDAmeritrade and Schwab not take place?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zdreg, Dec 30, 2019.

Will the merger take place between Ameritrade and Schwab

1. yes, with the terms unchanged.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes with the terms changed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. zdreg

zdreg

Is the proposed merger a done deal?

2. interdim

interdim

I think it's a done deal. But both parties are being very quiet about it, so I can't be absolutely sure. The only information I received from TDA was that no changes would be likely occur until June 2020.

3. Still need regulatory and shareholder approvals.

4. zdreg

zdreg

:)
    exactly.
    Or as yogi berra use to say it ain't over till it is over.:)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  5. ETJ

ETJ

It will also need a CFIUS approval as TD Bank owns part of TD. Regulators shouldn't be much of a problem unless it takes enough time that there an administration change. Get a slew of Democrats elected and that could hurt the deal and maybe kill it.

6. I don't think they will have any problems with regulators or the shareholders to complete the deal. However, it took Charles Schwab almost 2 years or more to digest Options Express, and its a lot smaller than TD.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  7. zdreg

zdreg

8. I was trying to be conservative! I had accounts with Options Express and Schwab before the deal was announced. OP platform still the same the only thing Schwab did is rename it and integrate some of its tools into the Smart Edge platform. its complete. All your accounts are under Schwab and you get your year end tax forms from Schwab.

9. ETJ

ETJ