Under the shadow of the Iraq war, Israel practices asassination....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Apr 17, 2004.

1. You claim to have no position but your position is clearly evident by your phrasing and your arguments.

We can clearly see which side you have taken, the only one who still can't clearly admit it is you! Read your own posts... israel assassinates under shadows... israel are "wild eyed crazies" while hamas simply has no choice.. and you really expect us to then assume that "you don't have a position"?

Your position is very clear and let me be the one to should "the king is naked" here: you support terror. and you use democracy (the regime which terror does its best to fight) to spread your word. and then you deny your own position.

#31     Apr 17, 2004

2. For most normal people, a hell of a lot.

Listening to you people you'd think the palestinians are the first people ever to be "occupied". Funny, I seem to know of a lot of others, yet I'm racking my brains to recall an instance where the "only alternative" available to the populace was the suicide bombing of innocents.

#32     Apr 17, 2004

3. I repeat, tolerance in the face of evil is no virtue.

If civilization is to continue, we must have the moral clarity and the courage of conviction to stand up for what is right, to make hard choices, and to recognize the realities of hard situations. Empty platitudes are no help in this.

#33     Apr 17, 2004

4. My feelings exactly.

#34     Apr 17, 2004

5. Lol, exactly. "If civilization is to continue, civilized behavior is required" is fine. And nobody would really challenge this, but, in this instance, what the hell does it actually mean? What is the hell is your point? If you have one, I think it's high time you began making it.

#35     Apr 17, 2004
  6. You don't have to say anything about Hannity. You both read from the same play-book.

Was Eliot Ness at "War" with Al Capone?

Israel is in an emotionally based conflict with Hamas, does that meet the commonly understood use of the word war as it relates to one nation versus another nation?

So Hamas is emotional. How does Israel respond? Emotionally. What happens when you pour emotion on emotion, do the flames die down or rise higher?

Did the British government consider themselves in a war with the IRA in Ireland, similar to their war with Germany in WWII?

Israel needs to justify their behavior, because the behavior requires justification.

The Zionists has been in survival consciousness long before the state of Israel came to be in 1948, so it is not unusual that they act out of this mentally disturbed condition.

It is this survival mentality that clouds judgment, and leads to excessive emotionalism.

#36     Apr 17, 2004
  7. Yes......feelings......exactly.

#37     Apr 17, 2004

8. And you are motivated by something other than?

#38     Apr 17, 2004
  9. When it comes to behavior that impacts other people, I try to use reason and avoid emotionalism and "feelings."

#39     Apr 17, 2004

10. So let me get this straight: Israel is "mentally disturbed for having a survivalist mentality" even though globally funded terrorist groups have been bent on its annihilation for decades, have the potential to eventually acquire nuclear weapons, have already killed hundreds of Israeli civilians, and thus far show no capacity for logic or reason. And oh yeah, not to mention the Holocaust.

If that scenario doesn't justify a survivalist mentality, what does?

Furthermore, if someone started routinely blowing up your friends and family, forcing you to take extreme measures to stop them, would that somehow qualify you as guilty of "excessive emotionalism?"

And what would Israelis need to "justify" if terrorists stopped trying to kill them?

Are we living on the same planet?

#40     Apr 17, 2004