Uncommon and Interesting psychological Issue

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Ank_22, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Ank_22

Ank_22

There is a certain platform that i trade on , their trading platform ofcourse sometimes has glitches. Sometimes lag and issues are a given fact of trading online but the thing is when i went on a complaint forum i realised that my broker sometimes has provided refund to people who faced technical glitches during a trade. Note that many people did not recieve refunds aswell. Before knowing this there were many cases where there was a little or a lot of lag during a trade but i just ignored it because it's a given fact that this does happen but after knowing this i thought that incase of lag issues i should complain. now recently the app faced a lot of lag so i did complain to them.

Now my issue here is refunding people randomly is a little irritating. Either have a solid procedure where you can verify and check and then refund to a certain extent or certain number of times or just don't do it at all.

Now if and when i face lag rather than just ignoring it this has now become an additional worry of having the option to go to this procedure but the problem is its not even a proper process.

I know this might sound like an advantage but it's not it is a bit of an additional work and if I chose to just ignore it , i cant because than its like some people are getting their refunds but i am not.

2. zdreg

zdreg

You have raised a serious problem. Please provide the name of the broker.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  3. Brokers are under no obligation to refund, so it is based on perceived utility for them. e.g. would you leave if they didn't refund, and is the investment to keep you going to pay off in future commissions.

jys78 and Statistical Trader like this.
  4. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

I bet you are not trading through a broker, but a bucket shop. And the refunds are not remuneration for glitches but hush money for clients who caught them red handed when they overdid the fleecing again.

David's faith and zdreg like this.
  5. zdreg

zdreg

Harsh but realistic.

6. Ank_22

Ank_22

Nope they are definitely a broker.

7. Ank_22

Ank_22

As I said it's the psychological aspect that's bothering me , i know they have no obligation to provide refunds so why the heck are the they providing it to some individuals. In the complaint forum i saw some individuals getting their refunds while others did not get any refund. So the issue here is that if there is technical issues with the platform i automatically feel like it's more additional work for me to now go and then provide them all the info and then send them follow up emails regarding the refund. I would rather prefer to just not care about the losses due to the glitches and just trade but at the same time it bothers me that some people are getting their refund while other are not. It just feels like a duty to report everytime i face an issue. I would've rather prefered for them to not have the refund option at all because their refund process is a mess.

8. xandman

xandman

You are talking about crypto or forex, right? Your in the wild west. Don't over think it.

Shady behaviour shouldn't be tolerated when it comes to financial firms. Run away and report it from a safe distance.

9. speedo

speedo

Trade on a stable platform.

Ninja, jys78, VicBee and 1 other person like this.
  10. You quoted my post but it seems like you didn't read half of it. If they refund others and not you it is because they don't perceive value in doing so. Maybe you don't generate a lot of commish or you don't give the impression that you are willing to leave for greener pastures. Actually I'm getting at impression from you now. If the platform has so many issues then just switch to a different broker already.

#10     Jun 28, 2022
    Statistical Trader likes this.