Uncomfortable Questions For Comfortable Jews

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sunnyskies, Jul 22, 2005.

1. 2. I accept your apology, naturally.

I can compare the conflict of two children to the conflict between two adults with religion dominating their thinking. Very similar emotions are in play with both.....

3. Nothing but reason should be used as a political tool, but that's not what we see from either side.

4. An argument can be presented passionately for effect upon the audience, but a sound reasonable logical argument is never based on passion. Appeal to emotion often works well, but it is still a logical fallacy.

This is why so many people listen to Limbaugh and Hannity, Coulter and others butcher arguments logically, but find strong support as they are actually appealing to emotion, not reason.

To be fair, there on the left who do the same thing, but I do see people like Michael Moore and others at least admit that what they say is just their opinion, not an absolute truth.

#11     Jul 22, 2005
  2. Here's a question similar those appearing on those damn 'white-written' IQ tests.

Rearden Metal sometimes resorts to name calling, but only in retaliation against those who attacked him first with this uncouth tactic. Rearden Metal and Zten have been involved in several flame wars.

Question: Is it possible that the above statement by Zten is true?

#12     Jul 22, 2005
  3. The above statement is true, if I am telling the truth of my motives......you have to decide for yourself what my real motives are.

That's the beauty of the internet. You will never know for sure what someone's motives are, but you can be sure of a logically sound position when you read one.

The internet can be a great tool to train people to reason to conclusion on the basis of arguments independent of who delivers them, or they can focus on the personality giving them.

#13     Jul 22, 2005
  4. ZZZzzzzzzz, I read many of your pointing----and the shit you post----is not above the audience-----one post does not erase the nonsense you write-----understand!

#14     Jul 22, 2005
  5. Some people don't like rose bushes because they have thorns....

#15     Jul 22, 2005
  6. ZZZzzzzzzz,stop with the cliches----a fool and his money are soon parted.:)

#16     Jul 22, 2005
  7. ZZZzzzzzzz, im starting to think to you are unable to grasp the broad meaning of a situation because you are excessively focused on the details---------

good day:D

#17     Jul 22, 2005
  8. Mine applied to the discussion and your comments....yours does not.

#18     Jul 22, 2005
  9. You are free to think whatever you like. Fortunately, thanks to the efforts of liberals and organizations like the ACLU we still have that right in America...for now at least.....

#19     Jul 22, 2005
  10. ZZZzzzzzzz, answer this question ------so according to your writing ---terrorism is a reasonable political tactic-----because of someone so-call injustices------terrorism is never and should never be a political tool-----this is something the fundamentals Arabs have restore.

i agree with the ACLU in many cases not all!

#20     Jul 22, 2005