Uncle Sam wants a $2 Trillion increase on his credit card.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 10, 2009.

1. http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE57706N20090808

"It is critically important that Congress act before the limit is reached so that citizens and investors here and around the world can remain confident that the United States will always meet its obligations" Geithner said.

Isnt that interesting...I mean you can all read into that wording for yourself, but if you dont get it i will say it for you.

If they dont raise the limit, its over for the US dollar!

2. .....a trillion here, a trillion there, no big whoop. :cool:

3. Uncle Sam seems to have picked up the spending habits of Bush Jr.

4. funny how people forget that obama has already spent more than bush- imagine what this number is going to look like when he is more than 20% the way through his first (last) term

5. ba1

ba1

He'll take a petabyte out of the economy?

6. Its funny, but I remember Bushs first few months in office. I remember him saying "I want to provide tax relief of 1 trillion dollars over the next 10 years" I thought he was crazy when he said that. I was like "Dude, thats a trillion dollars! Thats alot of money!" Why waste it like that?

Then Obama hits office and has spent double that amount in 6 months. :(

7. When you're printing money to pay your bills, is that "meeting your obligations"?

LYING BASTARD!

8. clacy

clacy

There is no doubt that Bush was very fiscally irresponsible, and very liberal with the check book.

Obama on the other hand has taken that irresponsible spending up about 5 notches.

The difference is one of these guys is a former POTUS and will never again be an elected official.

The other guy unfortunately is in charge of the US for at least 3 more years.

Hopefully his healthcare legislation crashes and burns so that his power to harm the US is minimized in the future.

9. jjf

jjf

the "limit" is only a number.
    Changing the "limit" does nothing to solve the problem, in fact quite the opposite, since the "limit" was established to prevent overspending.

jjf

10. With negative benefits for the middle class and small business owners.

#10     Aug 10, 2009