unbelievable ...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SethArb, Jul 17, 2005.

1. saw this on reuters wires tonight ...

excerpts below ...

- A Nigerian court has sentenced a woman to two and half years in jail after she pleaded guilty to fraud charges in the country's biggest e-mail scam case, the anti-fraud agency said on Saturday.-

-Amaka Anajemba, one of three suspects in a $242 million fraud involving a Brazilian bank, would return $48.5 million to the bank, hand over $5 million to the government and pay a fine of 2 million naira ($15,000), the agency said.-

- Anajemba, Whose Late Husband Masterminded the Swindling of the Sao Paolo-based Banco Noroeste S.A. between 1995 and 1998, was charged along with Emmanuel Nwude and Nzeribe Okol-

2. "Amaka Anajemba, one of three suspects in a $242 million fraud involving a Brazilian bank, would return $48.5 million to the bank, hand over $5 million to the government and pay a fine of 2 million naira ($15,000),"

Life imitates fiction!

Wasn't the rub of the scam "you get to keep 20%" ? That's the same amount the bank and the government get. I wonder if they had to provide a blank letter head and a bank account number to wire the funds to.

3. box

box

Just spent an hour on that site - couldn't stop reading - way funny. The trophy room is funny - pictures of the scammers doing what they thought they had to do in order to get the money sent - oh man- my sides hurt when I saw the one on this page with the sign - I cannot believe its not butter -
    http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room13.htm

4. I know what you mean - was originally introduced to that site in the Off-Topic (like our chit-chat) section of the Wilmott forum. I then recall introducing my manager to that site - at the last price I was working. When I came back from lunch, he literally had tears down his eyes from laughing so hard!!! :D

I still remember "The Church of Fish and Bread", and the clever duff names and Photoshop work to create fake passports, etc...

[​IMG]

5. cmk

cmk

Most of those stupid emails are actually from Nigeria and other places in Africa?

I always thought it was some shmuck in Detroit.

Quite funny