Unbelievable Method wasted on me.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Troubil, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Troubil

Troubil

Ok so Ive been studying charts for about 5 years to see what all this trading is about. It took me all of this study and experimentation looking at charts for hours each day to try and figure out what the pro traders see or if there was anything to actually “see”.

I looked at so many charts, I was seeing traces of them on walls, floors and ceilings. Every few months I identified a new pattern but nothing that gave me the WOW factor until about mid 2016 when my subconscious picked up on something it had seen before. It took me about a year afterwards to even put the pieces together of what i was seeing.

I have seen this method produce amazing results, almost to the point of perfection. I believe I have a very valuabe strategy that would benefit greatly from somone with lots of trading experience. I have stayed small in position sizing because of my limited trading experience. I have a ton of evidence of this.

I guess im treating this like an appearance on dragons den, I need help to apply this in the markets. Not looking for and money, more like a trading buddy with vast experience.

2. Show your track record and I'm sure people will agree with you.

wrbtrader likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Let me guess...

You found patterns of up. And after the beginning of this year, you still found patterns of up. What did you find with your strategy since October of this year?

murray t turtle and wrbtrader like this.
  4. themickey

themickey

From Antrim Northern Ireland? Welcome to ET, you may hit a wall of scepticism with this thread, hopefully you can live through it.
    Finding a trading partner is very difficult as it appears for every trader there is a unique style.
    Most 'pro's' will not wish to get involved with a stranger I doubt as it soaks up too much time, each have enough on their plates.
    What were you looking for, Guidance?
    Maybe explain a bit more, like is it stocks, futures...which charting package you use, time frame etc.

speedo and Troubil like this.
  5. Handle123

Handle123

I think anyone been trading ten years are approached by someone who has identified something, and then we program it and in the course of 3,000 to 20,000 sample size it fails miserable. So we end up with lost time and the other guy got someone to do free coding and use of their data or end up having to improve it and using what we already know end up teaching someone, it snowballs. Thanks, but when you have that huge sample size, let me know.

6. Troubil

Troubil

I use only Stockcharts.com because in my opinion there is no better platform out there for charting. I use this mostly on commodities but occasionally on stocks too. It can be a double edged sword if you don’t understand how to do it. Not perfect in stocks, but in commodities and currencies, it rarely dissapoints. My problem is unfamiliarity with trading in itself, buy/ask/spreads/buying and selling/ executing a trade .........and money management. All these things are very important and need to be understood. Idont have another 5 years to grasp all this stuff lol .

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Frankly all the "other stuffs" are easy to learn and you can do it in no time. IMHO, if you indeed have a winning formula, don't need to ask for help, just do it. But beware, when it is too good to be true, it is not true - I mean your pattern.

Good luck to you.

8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

If you're truly looking for a "trading buddy with vast experience"...just post your backtest results and simulator trade results.

I'm sure someone will then be happy to review your results and then maybe you two can simulate trade it again prior to any real money trading and then test it with small position size only with real money. Yet, I highly recommend you meet the person in person and have him/her sign any non-disclosure documents so that your trade method doesn't reach others or else he/she wants to be liable.

Simply, post your results with detailed information for each month of the backtesting along with the simulator trading results so that you can use it to seduce another person to help you.

Another solution...keep saving up your money until you're properly capitalize so that you don't need the help of anyone else.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Troubil likes this.
  9. themickey

themickey

Stockcharts, can one write own code & backtest?
    My suggestion, start with software which allows that and go this route.
    Most everything besides the psychological factor will then fall into place.

10. You'd better familiarize yourself with these topics.
    The mechanics of trading are not complicated and you'll learn this quickly by doing a few small size trades yourself. You could even start practicing this with a paper trading account and not lose any money during this learning phase.
    Money management is something which is essential for you to know if you allow others to handle your account!

#10     Nov 19, 2018