Unbelievable: Jobless Rate For Young Is 25%—and Rising

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Apr 13, 2011.

1. The problem is not public school. But shitty parenting. You cannot build a home on a weak foundation.

Uninterested parents with no interest in education send their kids to school, teachers cannot work miracles. If the parents don't give a rats ass how can you expect the kid to even bother and the whole thing is a mess.

#11     Apr 13, 2011
  2. Good points and I have to agree.

I have teen children they all have jobs always did from age 15.

They still struggle and I have to keep after them to sharpen up, quit texting at work, stop creating drama, call out of work is not the same as taking a day off from school. Takes a lot of energy on my part to get them ready. School doesn't seem to be a training ground for the real world.

My other (not teen) daughter works at dunkin donuts, it's nothing to have her teen co workers just leave in the middle of a shift with their girlfriend boyfriend.

Some kids who exhibit ability don't have responsibility. It a mess out there. They don't have any financial sense, discipline, where are they going to learn that, if they can't hold a job?

#12     Apr 13, 2011
  3. -1 Googol

All countries/civilizations since the world began start out in chains, have hope of freedom, fight for their freedom, gain their freedom, enjoy their freedom, take their freedom for granted, abuse their freedom, and then lose their freedom to end up back in chains.

The U.S is now on the down slope. Each succeeding generation will demand more freedom than the last, abuse freedom to a higher degree than the last and scream about their rights to more freedom than the last. That is until one generation finds themselves back in chains. Timmy it is time to learn Chinese.

It’s not about people like me over 60. It’s the way the world has always worked. It has not changed since the dawn of time. By the way it is tough having the brain of a twenty three year old while being trapped in a sixty year old body.

You are right about the wars. I heard the same lines you said when I served in Nam. But you ignore that crap. You have to with bullets whizzing by. Politicians fight wars to protect their sorry asses not yours and mine.

And if all of your generation feels like you do about older people then I will be the first to go. And I will give you the privilege of prying my Glock19 from my cold dead hand….

Oh… I almost forgot Timmy. Are you going to do yourself in soon Timmy so you don’t have to become one of us and suffer the same indignity from the next generation?

#13     Apr 14, 2011
  4. The problem is not public school.
    -------------------------------------------------------

LMAO, you are either a Liberal, a teacher/Professor or both.

Our Public School system is SHIT! Are you fucking kidding me.

State Universities are runner up for the most part.

Education in America in General is SHIT.

#14     Apr 14, 2011
  5. And if all of your generation feels like you do about older people then I will be the first to go. And I will give you the privilege of prying my Glock19 from my cold dead hand….
    --------------------------------------------------------

No offense, have you any idea about AARP? Do you know the bullshit they fund? Do you know that AARP is a fucking scumbag Liberal Bloodsucking Organization that is backing the Progressive Agenda in America?

Tim did take a bit far as not all people over 60 are scumbag liberals/scumbag career politicians and blood sucking leaches. There are a small % that is the exception.

Does not AARP speak for most of the Elder People in this country?

My parents told AARP to go fuck themselves as they woke the hell up.

Sorry old man. No offense to the Late Great Generation who fought for Freedom, capitalism, and the American Dream.

The BOOMER generation are for the most part, degenerate soon to be wearing a Shit Bag and dippers as they piss and moan that they can not retire on the little income they have...cuz the spent it all!

You may be cut from a different cloth, with your Glock19, I prefer my Glock22.

Your generation is being represented by fucking Fools and clowns, not only in congress but across the country.

Your generation is living off a shell game called "SS". You are spending dollars of 3 generations out. Do you expect people to continue to pay into a System that is Broke and that we (My generation) will not see a dime of?

Thank God I can write off half of my SS tax. Otherwise I would be far more pissed about saving the "Elderly's" ass with the amount of moneyI would have to pay into SS, if I were not self employed.

My parents pull in 250k a year in retirement and my step dad still gets SS checks. He did pay into it, so why not.

SS needs to be changed and it needs to make fucking sense. If you pull in a good chunk during retirement, you should get all your SS that you payed into back plus interest. You should be given the option to "Donate" the money to those who are in need but also get a tax write off for doing so.

#15     Apr 14, 2011
  6. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

I'm surprised no mention of teenagers competing with illegal immigrants for jobs.

BTW, all the intergenerational finger pointing is exactly what the controllers want. It keeps the focus off themselves.

Who decided to let all the illegals in and not enforce the laws? Who decided to come up with all the work visas to get cheap labor from Asia? Who decided to start a bunch of useless wars draining the US taxpayer. Not grampy and grammy down the street. They've been under the same control system since they were born just like the teenagers.

Do some research - get a clue. The Creature from Jekyll Island, Tragedy and Hope, The Money Masters, Loose Change for starters.

#16     Apr 14, 2011
  7. Roark

Roark

That is not new. It's been that way since the late 1980's or early 1990's when Nirvana became a big hit. It's called the slacker generation and they're slackers because they have no hope. What's the point of taking on a ton of debt to get through college, graduate, and then not have a job?

#17     Apr 14, 2011
  8. MWycliff

MWycliff

This thread epitomizes what some have called the Enronization of America. The welfare of the many has been trashed in the name of Democracy, Capitalism and Freedom, so a very privileged few can accumulate substantial wealth. Common sense rules and regulations made to help the working class have been voided in favor of parasitic laws that favor these privileged Shylocks.

Fraud is celebrated in the govt. and in business. Guys like Mozilla of Countrywide and Jeffrey Skilling of Enron are the new heros. Nonsensical laws allow LBO kings and Billionaires to avoid paying taxes in the name of creating jobs, while mom and pop businesses are literally getting hammered out of business with ever increasing local, state, federal taxes and fees.

You guys want to solve 90% of your problems? Eliminate 90% of the military spending. The US spends $1 Trillion every year on its military preparing to fight only god knows who. That money is going directly into the pockets of the crooks and the charlatans who are behind the Enronization process. For those who blame the parents, the schools or any other organization, it's about time you looked in the mirror. You're the enabler types voting in the politicians who pass laws favoring the Shylocks.

The Enronization process started several decades ago in the USA. Then the UK got Enronized. Now I see the same thing trying to take place in places like Canada and Australia. I hope these parasites don't succeed in destroying Canada and Australia like they've done with the US and UK.

#18     Apr 14, 2011
  9. benwm

benwm

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ca8Z__o52sk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ca8Z__o52sk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Friedman on primary cause of high jobless rate for young people

#19     Apr 14, 2011
  10. #20     Apr 14, 2011