Unbelievable!!!Food Stamp Rolls Continue to Rise

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Dec 8, 2010.

1. well then, to you go the award for being eyes wide open,

both eyes.

(my way of printing a retraction of my words)

#11     Dec 8, 2010
  2. +1

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks."

Lord Acton (1834-1902) English historian

#12     Dec 8, 2010
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Let the rich give more money to Government.....From every dollar that passes through the Government some goes to pay overhead and the rest goes to the welfare recipient for consumer spending.

For every dollar a "rich" person saves $4 goes into the economy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

#13     Dec 8, 2010
  4. Eight

Eight

The thing is that the deficit is way bigger than that. The Federal Gov doesn't report lots of things like promised services that they will never have the $ to pay for... so old folks are going to get thrown out of the lifeboat. I'm living in a most liberal area and I'm seeing LOTS of elder abuse here and the unfunded part of the mandates hasn't even gotten under way!! It's gotta be worse in the red states even...

#14     Dec 8, 2010
  5. part of the reason for the severe push back on the Health Care Law that was passed on the Federal level by so many of the southern and western states, as well as the other states were the same reason:

a) unfunded services promised but never intended to be delivered
    b) the firmly held belief (in those states) that you have the right to die, and be unnoticed by the authorities

its really rather pitiful, that the notion that we don't find an economic way to pay for a standard of living that is maintainable instead of a right to the privlidged corporate elite (of which most of us on these threads are).

#15     Dec 9, 2010

6. you're right, they are over payed, high priced pretty faces (at least they think so), and as such are as smart as puppets made of wood and string.

those writing their script and filling their heads with their vitriolic hatred are those to blame.

seems those were the same excuses used at the Neuremburg Trials, regarding: "I was only following orders"

American and Americans stand for much more diginity than just the lowest common denominator attitudes.

#16     Dec 9, 2010
  7. logikos

logikos

Not long ago I surpassed the $300 mark when buying groceries (must have been the six pack of fine wine :D ). I live a comfortable lifestyle, but still like to keep spending in check.

Just for grins, I asked the checkout clerk what was the largest amount of money she had seen somebody spend on a single trip for groceries. She said almost $1,000. The she went on and said $700 or $800 is pretty common... then she whispered "food stamps".

I know the divide between the super rich and the rest is getting larger, and that is basically wrong. But, it is also basically wrong that those not working have their fridges stocked to the gills while those that bust our ass every day still have a food budget. :mad:

#17     Dec 9, 2010