Unable to login to IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Ridu, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Ridu

Ridu

Can anyone else log in now? I understand login is not possible pre 12PM Sat and Sunday ET, but now is Friday 9.20PM ET... Had this problem a few times trying to login late Friday ET - should add that I am based in asia, now Saturday morning 10.20AM - does this affect the login?
    many thanks

2. Thanagar

Thanagar

Just logged in successfully at 9:39 eastern.

3. Ridu

Ridu

strange, still unable to login. Have tried connecting via my (US) VPN and changing my pc clock to ET... still no joy... no-one to contact at IB now as they are shut for the weekend... Anyone else with IB asia account unable to login right now? I rely on login at this time to check my overnight positions for Friday's trade... IB please confirm if login should be possible at this time for asian based clients if you are reading.
    Many thanks

4. Do a search on the term "pinkout". That will give you a hint. it most likely one of two things:

-IB's daily reboot.

-Local outage.

5. Ridu

Ridu

thanks, is there any way to switch to a different server in US/Europe from my end? seem to remember being given the option to select the server location when I first loaded TWS, but can't for the life of me find anywhere to edit these changes now...
    many thanks

6. Bob111

Bob111

my good old 880 standalone TWS works just fine since 6:00 am

7. Its at the start of the weekend. At some point everyone's tws's will stop connecting. Those that have been connecting will register disconnect as well.

Come back Sunday afternoon.

8. I have this problem almost every day on Windows - the login window comes up and when I type user/password TWS just hangs instead of displaying security code window. When I close MS Outlook/Firefox TWS starts without any problems.

On Ubuntu TWS starts/works as a swiss watch...

9. You might want to look at your windows install .. or your java install .. that is not a sign of system health.