UN: North Korea has stolen $2 bln from crypto investors

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mlawson71, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

North Korea is funding its military program with money stolen from crypto exchanges and other hacker activities, a UN report reveals, quoting “total proceeds to date estimated at up to 2 billion USD”.

The report, presented to the UN Security Council says that North Korea is using the crypto markets “to launch increasingly sophisticated attacks to steal funds from financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges to generate income”.

Recently there have been several massive crypto currency exchange hacks, including the hack of the Tokyo based Remixpoint, which runs BITPoint exchange, resulting in a loss of 3.5 billion yen, or some 32 million USD worth of digital cash.

2. maxinger

maxinger

one thing is very clear.

Bitcoin investors are not worried about all these things.
    and they continue to invest in it.

3. bone

bone

How do you know that it is “investors” bidding up Crypto and not North Korea?

4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

North Korea was already funding it's millitary program before these hacks even happened. Who wrote that article? Oh, that's right, it was written by the same company that offers brokerage services for stock exchanges. Yep, if I had a brokerage service and I wanted more investors, I would try to steer them away from crypto too...