Ultra-Processed Food is good for you

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pekelo, May 10, 2024.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

The study is supposed to show that UPF is bad for you. But first it only proves that it maybe slightly bad (I mean 4% isn't that bad) and additionally in other parts it proves cake's incredible cancer fighting power.

A study says 87.5% of all studies are bunk... :)

#11     May 13, 2024
  2. "Ultra processed foods are good for you!!" says obese forum poster. Next up, "why working out is secretly killing you."

:rolleyes:

#12     May 13, 2024
    d08 likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Who is this obese forum poster you are talking about?

Don't attack the messenger, attack the "science".

Also happy cake for you, to avoid cancer.

#13     May 13, 2024
  4. I'm just teasing. Moderation is good, but having healthy habits is even better.

#14     May 13, 2024
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

But that is just it. We can't even tell what is healthy and what is not. You give me a food and I can find expert opinion on both sides arguing mostly correctly. And if everything is bad, can I live on air only? And how come people still make it to 80+ eating bad food?

I just brought this exact topic up this morning to my wife, I am going to give up on food articles:

#15     May 13, 2024
  6. Read Peter Attia :)

#16     May 13, 2024
  7. Choose your experts wisely.

#17     May 13, 2024
    Magna likes this.
  8. cesfx

cesfx

We are all different and with so many different conditions and circumstances.
    To obtain that -1% , processed food should be the only unhealthy habit of that person.
    It should be someone healthy, active, no smoker/drugs (legal or not), teetotal and of certain ethnic backgrounds.

In real life, it's not difficult to eat well.

Maxinger posted a list of nasty tasty food stuff to avoid.

Real food is fruits, seeds, vegetables, grains, meat, fish, eggs and dairies.

Then nothing is perfect. Glyphosate is sprayed everywhere, animals are farmed intensively, eggs are farmed even more intensely, fish is polluted with micro plastic and metals.. and it goes on and on.
    Still, not an excuse to choose processed versus real, although often imperfect.

Staying away from anything with added sugar does wonder. Also trying to limit the refined and processed: bleached grain, sugary stuff, pre-made meals and anything fast food. Slow is always best.

Anyhow, not eating sweet stuff on empty stomach will keep cravings away. Always after meal. If you start your day with cereal and juice, you will have cravings all day!

#18     May 13, 2024
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Maybe it's causation, maybe only correlation, but since UPF's have become the mainstay of many diets obesity, diabetes, and heart disease have all dramatically shot up. I'll take my chances with healthier food.

#19     May 13, 2024
  10. maxinger

maxinger

Stay away from UPF.

Stay away from this OP.

#20     May 14, 2024