Ultra hd 55inch tv screen as an additional monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by traderob, Jan 25, 2015.

1. traderob

traderob

This baby has a
    Resolutionof 3840 x 2160 Pixels

Samsung UA55HU7000 55-inch Ultra HD Smart LED TV.

So could it work as an extra monitor?

2. TV pixels are large... designed to be viewed form a "normal TV viewing distance." If your display is at least 6' ft away, should be OK.

traderob likes this.
  3. xandman

xandman

Scat,

I was curious as to why you had no posts under the "Single Screen Monitor" thread. Waste of time?

4. traderob

traderob

Thanks for that. That distance might suit me for my "off trading time", If I hang it in the lounge and put up a few charts and a scolling news service I can keep posted about whats happening.
    The price is almost triple of a normal HD screen- do you think the extra clarity is worth it?

5. TGregg

TGregg

I trade with a 27" HD monitor. That screen is twice as big and twice the res. Sounds good to me.

6. traderob

traderob

Thanks but are you using normal computer monitors?

mr scat just pointed out the TV monitors have larger pixels..

7. Not sure what you're asking.

A "TV as monitor" still likely has the same res as a monitor... like, 1920x1080. You can't display "more" just because it's larger... you can only display the "same, only bigger"... which is fine if viewing from a normal TV distance.

8. TGregg

TGregg

The pixel size is determined by the screen size and the resolution. I'm using a widescreen HD monitor that is 1920x1080 and 27" diagonally. This one above is slightly bigger than twice as big and has double the res, so the pixel size should be the same as mine.

However, be sure your video card can put that out.

traderob likes this.
  9. traderob

traderob

ok. I will check it out at the shop . I have a very high end video card and top end computer so I think no problem..

10. i960

i960

Probably cannot be driven at an adequate refresh rate - plus it's just going to probably look like crap unless it's multiple feet away.

#10     Jan 26, 2015