Ultimate Trading Contest: Mark Brown vs Jack Hershey/spydertrader

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quantsteve, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Pr0crast

Pr0crast Guest

yes, we all lose money, we are all in llama-worshipping cult, and we all need to be rescued by YOU (and your 100 other handles)! :D and rest assured, if any of us were making $, we would definitely post in the P&L thread.

#31     Jan 27, 2008
  2. hmm - i challenged JH to a trading contest months ago. His excuse not to? That he would not be able to trade down to my proposed trading metrics.

Since when is claiming your results would be too good, to an excuse to back out :confused:

#32     Jan 27, 2008
  3. Regarding real-time SCT performance documentation, double check me on this, but Jack Hershey did compete in only one trading contest in this past. Jack unfortunately quit before the contest was over because performance was very poor. Objective reality was no fun because people could actually see his open account and follow the bad SCT trades in real-time.

Ask around here at ET and you can get that documented performance from SCT method (the amount of losses were ugly and are likely mentioned on some old SCT threads, unless those posts have been "cleaned up" or "erased" by the mods).

Anyway, looks like this new challenge from Mark Brown is another chance for Jack or any of his true believers to establish credibility and redeem themselves ....

#33     Jan 27, 2008
  4. Maybe the Ultimate Trading Contest could still happen....

#34     Feb 1, 2008
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

offer still standing. mb

#35     Feb 13, 2008
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Mark,

Just to double check, you would allow them to keep all profits from this contest?

Regards,
    redduke

#36     Feb 13, 2008
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

if that were to happen, yes. but it would have to be net profits paid after commissions and fees etc.

mb

#37     Feb 13, 2008
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Totally makes sense.

#38     Feb 13, 2008
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

8 months latter still no response from the jh - st - sct camp?

that is other than more after the fact babble.

mb

#39     Oct 26, 2008