Ultimate Trading Contest: Mark Brown vs Jack Hershey/spydertrader

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quantsteve, Jan 17, 2008.

1. I think the point of the thread is the contest. How bout we stay on topic Procrast? Steve is a smart dude.

I can't see why someone wouldn't pick the gauntlet up on that one.

Not being derogatory to anyone, but it's only logical that if one has lifted themselves up to the pedestal of offering such prolific threads documenting their trading methids and how viable they are....that if someone offered to fund an account with real money to trade head to head....well, it would only be logical to accept the challenge.

Of course, I assume Mark Brown would let SpyderTrader keep any profits as well....

If that's the case, then hell it's playing with the houses money at the very least, but I figure if one were actually confident in their trading methods which they have been touting for years now....well, I figure they'd probably take the challenge.

I've only been trading about 2 years, but I tell you right now, if someone wants to challenge me to a trading contest and they are funding my account AND letting me keep any profits...bet your ass I'm taking them up on it.

Just my opinion.

#21     Jan 18, 2008
  2. Pr0crast

Pr0crast Guest

I agree with you, it is a pretty sweet offer. If I were them and the offer was legit, I'd take them up on it too. But who is this Mark Brown fellow? You sure he's not another one of steve's aliases and he's just trying to stir up a ruckus?

Anyway, my point is that quantsteve's reasons for wanting the contest to happen are bogus. This contest would be about nothing but ego, whereas he insists that it would be because certain people have to be held "accountable."

#22     Jan 18, 2008
  3. hughb

hughb

I would jump, absoulutely, if someone made this offer to me. I'd do it even if I could only keep a portion of the profits. I can't come up with a single excuse not to.

#23     Jan 18, 2008
  4. I agree, nothing to lose for Spyder/Jack!! NO EXCUSE!!

What great fun for everybody, only the effective trading method will win (regardless of ET mods biases) !!

#24     Jan 18, 2008
  5. I'm quite certain that Mark Brown is not Steve. Quite certain indeed.

#25     Jan 18, 2008
  6. No downside risk, all upside expectation.....

Even if I lost I wouldn't care...make fun of me all you want..but I just got some free money. ha ha

#26     Jan 18, 2008
  7. I accept the challenge as champion and surrogate mother for Jack and Spydie! But is it OK if I don't trade SCT, or even SCT-Lite? On second thought, how could anybody tell any difference from my random entry system with moola menagement?

#27     Jan 18, 2008
  8. Darksider

Darksider

I say go for it.

WWTD...What Would Timmay Do?

#28     Jan 18, 2008
  9. Maybe an ET "SCT Turing Test" would suffice, where SCT disciples watch a series of trades and try to identify(guess) which trades are "random entry/exit" and which are pure "SCT-certified".

We would need somebody trustworthy to assist with this project like hypo, darksider or perhaps that fine gentleman Mr. Doaks.....

Definitions:
    Turing Test: originally devised to differentiate Human intelligence versus Computer Program.

ET SCT Turing Test: could differentiate Jack Hershey/followers trades versus Random Entry/Exit.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9907E5DF163AF933A25751C1A9649C8B63

#29     Jan 21, 2008
  10. doli

doli

Yeah. If it were a "method," then they'd all make the same trades, wouldn't they?

#30     Jan 21, 2008