Ultimate Trading Contest: Mark Brown vs Jack Hershey/spydertrader

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quantsteve, Jan 17, 2008.

1. I put my money on ArachnidMan. There are about three people here who really fucking trade, and he is one. I am the other two. My Man!

#11     Jan 17, 2008
  2. Mvic

Mvic

To mak3e it even more interesting and enticing why not let Jack/Spyder keep any profits if they win? You don't lose anything and they don't waste their time.

#12     Jan 17, 2008
  3. Good idea!

If Mark Brown allows Jack/Spyder to keep profits, then the trading contest should be ready to start.

Should be interesting...

#13     Jan 18, 2008
  4. Thanks Magna,
    You get ET "free speech hero" sticker!

Why should Jack Hershey/Spydertrader ever be held accountable to a trading contest!

You go dude!!

#14     Jan 18, 2008
  5. #15     Jan 18, 2008
  6. Magna

Magna Administrator

For those interested BrightPropGuy, Spinoza, and SteelyDan are all the same person as quantsteve. After watching their latest obsession, and seeing their conversations with each other, I'm sure some of you are shocked. Not. Anyway, quantsteve remains, the rest are gone.

#16     Jan 18, 2008
  7. For those that are impressed with Magna's protection of Spydertrader/Jack Hershey, we remain truly grateful!!

Just a fast cheesy convenient excuse from your SCT pals is all that is needed, then matter of Spydertrader/Hershey documenting claims of successful trading methods goes away!

Newbies remain at risk when Trading Mentors are not held accountable to claims!

Thank you kind sir for deleting many ET comments in favor of said trading contest, like marketsurfers et al......

#17     Jan 18, 2008
  8. Pr0crast

Pr0crast Guest

Absolutely agree with you, T28, if we are talking about folks like Don Bright who charge thousands of dollars for lessons. These folks need to be held accountable so they don't fleece newbies. But honestly, what do you care of some super old man and his redneck friend want to teach people for free on sim dollars? Even if it was all complete BS, I fail to see why it would concern you in the slightest.

#18     Jan 18, 2008
  9. Pr0crast,
    Money lost from ANY "Mentor" is gone forever!

It doesn't matter if you got free bad advise or paid for bad advise.

Empirical support of any trading method is crucial! (Beware: The ET mods dig this SCT stuff, not sure why... Ask Magna.)

#19     Jan 18, 2008
  10. Pr0crast

Pr0crast Guest

steve, who is losing money? all of the hershey folks stick to fake money until they are consistently profitable. nobody loses real money, at least not that i've heard of.

You're better off arguing about people losing their time. Empirical support is there, but on a personal basis. If you won't do the work to create your own empirical evidence, then you won't bother messing with their stuff, simple as that. Since nobody is paying them, there is no burden on them to provide any proof whatsoever.

If Jack or Spy wanted to do a trading contest with someone on ET, I would certainly be interested in that for entertainment value. But the only reason for them to do that is ego.

Magna et al like Spy and them because, whether you or anybody else thinks their stuff has merit, they are contributing something to ET. You did once too, with your SPM thread. But somewhere along the line you lost it :confused: :confused: and now you just have conversations with yourself about nothing...

PS- pass the kool aid!

#20     Jan 18, 2008