Ultimate LCD setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JetFuel, Jul 28, 2005.

1. I own 4 dell 2405 lcd's, the native resolution is 1920x1200, and must say they are nice screens. I have never enjoyed my workspace more.... I havn't had a losing day since I set them up :)

#41     Aug 22, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

Jesus---I nearly fell on the floor. Out of curiousity, I have never seen the 24's what is that native resolution like compared to say 20's which are 1600 x1200? They look alike? Those 24's are wide screens aren't they? I have to check and see if my monitor card can handle 1920x1200---I have never heard of a resolution like that. Did you have to install another card? What brand you using?

Sorry for the 50 questions ---I am buying a new system and if they are that lucky ---I might have spring for some

#42     Aug 22, 2005
  3. The extra screen space allows you to make your workspace wider. Also, things are a little larger which makes them easier to look at. The monitor card I had on my machines already supported that resolution, if you have a high end card you should be alright. The card is a matrox quad, but there are less expensive cards that will work.

And now the legal disclaimer...."past performance is not indicative of future results. Results may vary! You may or may not achieve similar results!" :)

Good trading to you!

Mike

#43     Aug 22, 2005
  4. TGM,

The 1920*1200 is the native resolution - it is a 16/10 format screen. And yes, most cards will handle this resolution.

#44     Aug 23, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

Thanks for all the answers. How different is the Dell 24 widescreen to say the Samsung 24? Is Dell's actually wider? I can tell from the pics. Dell's are definitely cheaper.

Hats off, mschey, you got yourself some real estate!! happy trading!

#45     Aug 23, 2005
  6. That sounds nice, can you post a picture of your workstation?

#46     Aug 23, 2005
  7. gnome

gnome

I don't think "most" is accurate. (None of mine do.)

Most higher end current cards probably will, but buyers would be well advised to confirm in advance AND that the resolution is supported for dual display, if applicable.

#47     Aug 23, 2005
  8. TGM

TGM

#49     Aug 23, 2005
  9. Ok, well - my cheap ATI 100usd soon to be 2 yrs old dual head card does it fine.

#50     Aug 23, 2005