Ultimate LCD setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JetFuel, Jul 28, 2005.

1. bsubbiah

bsubbiah

#21     Jul 31, 2005
  2. igum

igum

That's what I'm thinking as the best compromise. I got a 20" 1600x1200, and its big more than big enough.

Yet maybe not that much more for the price. My old 17"s have a 2" border, but if there's newer 17"ers with no border, then 3 of them might be a good setup. Or I could go to 19", but I think 17" is fine as long as the pixels are good.

For instance my laptop 16" is 1600x1028 and its very versy sharp but just a lil bit small, but its fine.

Either that of I could get a 1900x1200 24"er along with say a 19".

Anyway, I just noticed my old 17" lcd looks yellowish compared to the new monitor. Is that natural for lcd to fade or turn yellowish in color as they age (about 3 years old)? Nothing I can do about right?

#22     Jul 31, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

6 x 21"s + projector for analysis AH's. Throw in a couple Toshiba Laptops while your at it and one of those sweet ass handhelds. This is of course only for people who are making good money in the markets.

Hmmmmmm.......after reading my post I just realized how I blew all my money before. !!@@$$!!

ozzy

#23     Jul 31, 2005
  4. The sad thing is that you can use it all for door stops in about 2.5 to 3 years.

#24     Aug 1, 2005
  5. Check out what John Locke had to say on that page

#26     Aug 1, 2005
  6. Good post, I missed that one. JL is spot on.

rESpeKT !

#27     Aug 1, 2005
  7. ozzy

ozzy

I agree. I know some very good traders who use only one monitor (day trading).

Some people like boxers some like briefs. Bottom line you have to make money!

ozzy

#28     Aug 1, 2005
  8. Mvic

Mvic

I am running three planar PL191M's. I am not a techie but i gather these are plasma screens? Resolution is 1280X1024 at 60Mhz and I don't know if it is because I am getting older or putting in too much screen time but it is getting harder for me to focus on what is on the screen. What I would like is to be able to upgrade to a single large screen or two max that would give me at least as much space as I have on two of these 19 inch screens and be very easy on the eyes? Any suggestions?

I just bought my child a 32 inch LCD TV (I still use a big old tube 29 inch for my own TV LOL then again I don't watch much TV) and noticed that on the box it said it can be used as a computer monitor? Is this the type I shoudl look in to?

Thanks very much for any replies (and yes I have an appointment to see an eye doc ). :D

#29     Aug 6, 2005
  9. omniscient

omniscient Guest

the thing is, screen real estate doesn't expand with screen space. in other words, if you have a 19in monitor with 1280x1024 res, you will actually lose 'space' if you went with a 42in plasma that has 1024x768 max res. what you could put on the 42in screen would 'be' bigger, but you couldn't put as much stuff on the screen. if you found a 42in with 1280x1024 then you would be able to put the same amount of stuff on it as you had on your 19in monitor AND it would 'be' bigger.

in other words, even if you had a 10ft projection screen, if the projector is less than your monitor res you won't be reducing your hardware requirements or increasing screen real estate.

however, you could go with the dell 24in (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...y_id=6198&cs=19&l=en&Page=productlisting.aspx) and do a little of both - get more screen and more space since it supports 1920x1200.

hth

take care -

omni

#30     Aug 6, 2005