ULTIMATE HYPOCRISY: You can't 'naked short' certain equities, but 'Market Makers' can

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ak15

ak15

The rally is just a show to make the SEC look good and for it to say : "Our measures worked". Let the dust settle down and these thieves will be back at it again. They'll probably end up choosing a different playground a la a different group of stocks and will leave the financials alone unless and until the retail crowd starts buying these stocks. Then watch what happens.

#101     Jul 23, 2008
  2. THe shorting rules seem to have worked and now the crisis is officially over.

My question is

Next time there is a major decline in price for the financials who will support the price now there wont be any shorts to cover and lock in profits?

Cheers

#102     Jul 23, 2008
  3. Banjo

Banjo

4. Patrick Byrne always leaves a nugget. In the beginning of this mess, One of the richest men in the world, and his father Jack, a billionaire thru Geico and Fireman's Fund turnaround, told him, 'it's too big. Don't go there.' I was infuriated these people would say such a thing. I just couldn't understand people with such a stake in Capitalism letting these animals run roughshod over all of us. This clip shows a change of sentiment:

http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip68528

Now this, this is remarkable. As usual, Patrick knows how to address it. The tell here is the last paragraph. He's probably met with more Senators and Congressman that Abramoff. Except he doesn't pass out money:

http://www.deepcapture.com/having-lost-control-of-the-narrative-they-ask-for-it-back/

If you use your heads, and watch the narrative, you can make a career. If you want to shoot your mouth off, and guess, I can't help you. The window is a small one, but it will be well worth crawling through. This is about the time the hedgies who guess right bury those that didn't. And the first sign of the FBI moving, and they will, you should have your game plan all set in stone. Make them squirm, ET'rs. Make them Squirm.

#104     Jul 23, 2008