ultimate hypocrisy: Gay sex right in the Vatican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

I am starting to think that perhaps vhehn was molested by a priest or something when he was growing up. I have never seen a person dedicate so much of their time, hatred, and anger towards something they say doesnt exist.

#11     Mar 6, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's certainly possible. I had surmised that he came home early one day and found his preacher corn holing his wife. I guess we'll never know his true motivation.

#12     Mar 6, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

LOL!!! i just spit coffee all over my monitor.... i think that you might have hit the nail right on the head, except for one minor correction, vhehn caught the priest cornholing his husband, that explains his obsession with homo sexuality with in the church.

#13     Mar 6, 2010
  4. Quote from Hello:

I am starting to think that perhaps vhehn was molested by a priest or something when he was growing up. I have never seen a person dedicate so much of their time, hatred, and anger towards something they say doesnt exist.

hello is still on ignore as all morons eventually are but i see he commented to you. as proof that you really have to be a special case to get on my ignore list you have not made it there yet.

hello is not too bright. who ever said that organized religion does not exist? any time used to expose religion for what it is has no relationship to the question of weather or not any of the hundreds of gods invented by man throughout history exist. organized religion that claims to speak for these gods does exist as a way of controling the minds of men.
    if i ever met a christian who actually practiced what the bible teaches they would have my respect. i still wouldnt believe there was once a talking snake or a virgin birth but at least i would respect that person.
    for the most part leaders and followers of religion are hypocrits. they twist their interpetation of religious doctrine to suit their purposes. this article lays out the case of why religion is so despised by thinking people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-t-hughes/a-riddle-of-life-and-deat_b_487476.html
    Want to try your hand at solving a riddle with life-or-death implications for people all over the world? Why do so many evangelical and fundamentalist Christians--people who clearly honor the Bible--so often disregard two requirements that are central to the biblical text and central to the teachings of Jesus: peacemaking and justice for the poor? This is hardly an academic question. With over 25% of the total American population fundamentalist and evangelical Christians could make a vast difference in the lives of millions around the world if more of them took the Bible's teachings on these two points more seriously.

What about the Poor?

This point came home to me with extraordinary force when an evangelical student in one of my classes complained about Tracy Kidder's Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, that chronicles Dr. Paul Farmer's long-time commitment to combating AIDS and TB among the desperately poor in Haiti. Messiah College, the institution where I teach, had chosen this book as the common text for all first-year students precisely because it so beautifully reflects the strong commitments of the college--a Christian college--to serve the needs of the poor and to teach our students to embody that vision.

Imagine my shock when one of the students registered her judgment that Mountains Beyond Mountains was an inappropriate text for Messiah College to have chosen. When I asked why she felt that way, she said with animated conviction, "Because it's obvious that Paul Farmer is not a Christian."

Frankly, I was stunned. How could she possibly think that this compassionate doctor--a practicing Catholic who for many years had given up a lucrative medical practice in the United States for the sake of Haiti's poor--was not a Christian? I thought, for example, of Matthew 25 where Jesus offers the only description of the last judgment that appears in the biblical text. "I was hungry and you gave me food," Jesus says. "I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was naked and you clothed me." Then he invites those who did these things to "inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." But Paul Farmer was not a Christian?

And I thought of Jesus' counsel to the rich young ruler that he should "sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven." (Luke 18:22) Paul Farmer, it seemed to me, had done exactly that. But somehow he still was not a Christian?
    When I pressed my student on this point, she told me that she found no evidence in this book that Farmer "had a personal relationship with Jesus." She added that even though Farmer had healed the bodies of thousands upon thousands of Haitians over the years, the book never suggested that he had preached the gospel to these Haitians or attempted to save their souls. How, then, she asked, could he possibly be a Christian?

This student typifies millions of fundamentalist and evangelical Christians in the United States today. Of course, there are exceptions. Some fundamentalist and evangelical churches do sponsor programs that feed the hungry and clothe the naked. And evangelical organizations like World Vision, Jim Wallis's Sojourners network, Ron Sider's Evangelicals for Social Action, Tony Compolo's Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education, and even Messiah College, the institution where I teach, advocate for the poor and work tirelessly on their behalf. Still and all, benevolence typically takes a back seat to preaching, mission work, and evangelism in most evangelical churches, since a "personal relationship with Jesus" and saving souls almost always trumps the saving of human lives--especially the lives of the poor--in the here and now.

(snip)

Jesus makes the point about as clearly as anyone: "Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God." (Luke 6:20). And of the rich young ruler who could not part with his goods for the sake of the poor, Jesus comments, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God." (Luke 18:24) Of all of Jesus' teachings on concern for the poor, perhaps none is more graphic than the criterion for the final judgment offered in Matthew 25.

According to that text, that criterion has nothing to do with church attendance, or observance of the sacraments, or how often someone prayed or what someone knew about theology. Rather, in Matthew 25, the only criterion for the final judgment is how we treat the poor. Thus, "I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was . . . naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me." And then the verdict: "Depart from me, you cursed, into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (25:41-43)

Jim Wallis, editor of Sojourners magazine, tells how a fellow seminarian literally took scissors and cut out of the Bible every passage that lifts up the poor. When he was finished, there was precious little left.

#14     Mar 6, 2010
  5. i made it perfectly clear. what do you want? a photo.

#15     Mar 6, 2010
  6. jem

jem

no you really did not explain why you pointed it out.

I am not sure of you point.

The church thinks homosexual acts are sinful.
    So when the vatican worker manifested actions that indicated homosexual acts were taking place they fired the person.

What is was hypocritical about that?

It seems very hypocritical of you to post that article.
    Is is wrong for the church to fire a guy who was hiring gay prostitutes?

Or are you saying the Church is wrong for having homosexuals working at the Vatican?

Why are you against homosexuals? Why are you afraid to answer the question?

#16     Mar 6, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

For supposedly having me on ignore you sure to spend alot of your day responding to me, just like how you waste your whole day trying to disprove a god which you also do not believe exists. I think you need serious psychological help, as you waste your entire life, on things which supposedly arent there.

It almost sounds like you are schizophrenic or something..... You should seriously look into some psychological help

The bottom line is Vhehn is nothing more than a biggot, he is no different than any other biggots, instead of hating people based on race, he is on a witch hunt against people for their religious beliefs, which seems to be pretty much standard practice amongst liberals. I feel truly feel sorry for you vhehn life must not be a heck of alot of fun with all that hatred built up inside of you.

#17     Mar 6, 2010
  8. It would be impossible to quantify the cruelty and viciousness of the Catholic church in one post. This is a good first step. Catholics are a close second behind the current stars of the religiously informed maniac set.

Why point these things out? So that we can put it into context when the 'Moral Majority' in America try to tell us all how we should live our lives.

#18     Mar 6, 2010
  9. jem

jem

Orphanages
    Hospitals
    Universities
    The Scientific Method (don't believe me? try reading Thomas Aquinas sometime)
    The Renaissance (art and music as we in the West have come to know it)

Then along with other Christians
    The Industrial Revolution
    Modern health care
    The (temporary) end of the practice of infanticide
    Abolition of Slavery

quote form a different forum

http://www.gracecentered.com/christ...sions/organized-religion-has-done-good-things!/

#19     Mar 7, 2010