ultimate hypocrisy: Gay sex right in the Vatican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Mar 5, 2010.

1. The Vatican has been thrown into chaos by reports that one of the Pope's ceremonial ushers, as well as a member of the elite Vatican choir, were involved in a homosexual prostitution ring.

The allegations came to light after Italian newspapers published transcripts of phone calls recorded by police, who had been conducting an unrelated corruption investigation.

The tapes appear to record Angelo Balducci, a Gentleman of His Holiness, negotiating with Thomas Chinedu Ehiem, a 29-year-old Nigerian Vatican chorister, about men he wanted brought to him for sexual purposes.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/05/vatican-hit-by-gay-sex-sc_n_486218.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is Barney Frank Catholic?

3. i think hes jewish.

4. jem

jem

It is odd that an atheist would post this.
    What is your motivation?
    Are you pointing out that Gays have infiltrated the chruch and could be responsible for why the church did not crack down on the child abuse (which was most male on male)?

Are you in favor of some sort of don't ask don't tell among the vatican?

Do you think Homosexuality is wrong?

Are you a homo and you think it is wrong this guy got in trouble?

Why? Post?

5. god spoke to me in a dream and told me to shine the sunlight on the pos that is the catholic church and see what smells. when you(catholic church cult members) condem others for their lifestyles you should expect your hyprocrisy to pointed out.

by the way here is another little gem i just saw. is there no country in this world safe from the catholics?

Child sex abuse in Dutch Catholic Church revealed
    http://www.nrc.nl/international/Fea...d_sex_abuse_in_Dutch_Catholic_Church_revealed

6. kut2k2

kut2k2

I can't imagine why anybody would be surprised at sexual predation throughout a celibate clergy. This evil goes back to pre-Christianity. Even in clergies permitted to marry, there are some perverts, just as there are in the lay population. Now imagine how much bigger a draw the requirement of celibacy in a priesthood is to those prone to sexual predation. They can try to hide their crimes behind the "shield" of "I don't have sex with anyone."

7. Hello

Hello

I dont understand you at many times vhehn. I am not a supporter of the catholic church by any means, in fact i see many holes in all of the various organised religions. I am the furthest thing from a supporter of organised religion. I can understand that you are a smart person just from reading what you say vhehn but i dont understand this entire vendetta.

I can not understand why you feel the need to point out every single case of pedophilia/homosexuality within the catholic church as if it is proof that the only thing going on within the catholic church is child rape/homosexuality, there has been many more instances of good things which have happened based on the catholic church than there has been bad.

Why is it you decide to start a witch hunt against a certain organised religion? I could provide hundreds of examples of Jews, Muslims, buddhists, or catholics who abused their position to take advantage of children.

What you decide to start threads over would be similar to me starting a thread saying i believed all entertainers are pedophiles, because of roman polanski and michael jackson.

There is no way you can tell me that catholocism caused these guys to rape children/go into homosexuality, they were just disgusting perverts, who wanted to exploit a situation. They figured out a scenario to exploit children, and took advantage of it.

This is the same reason the majority of pedophiles you see are teachers as well. It is not as if catholocism was the cause of this disgusting behaviour, it was the pedophiles who figured out the best position to be in to exploit children for the benefit of their fucked up thought process, not the religion which caused this process.

8. stu

stu

Some would say the Third Reich did some good things for a broken Germany, standing against Communism, bringing back strong economic growth, national and cultural renewal for a dispirited German people.

Do you think standing behind doing good things should allow organizations of any type, including religious or government, a free pass not to be singled out for individual cases of bad things within, such as sexual abuse?

Was it just a few individuals practising their own perversions who brought the Third Reich into disrepute?
    Did single cases of "ethnic cleansing" have to turn into a genocidal atrocity before bad overtook the so called good in the Nazi Party?

Do Instances of pedophilia deep inside the core of the Vatican have to turn into a worldwide practice of child abuse carried out by hundreds of key representatives and covered up by the Catholic religion as a whole, before bad overtakes the so called good in the Catholic Church?

Well it did turn into a worldwide scandal.
    Many religious head Catholics were found to be committing and then hiding known atrocities, in a grand ecumenical cover up.
    So surely on both counts of large and small, vhehn is justified in pointing out any case of criminal activity especially those against humanity, being, or having been carried out by the Catholic Church and by extension Catholicism itself.
    All the worse when religion does these bad things behind it's own self-appointed curtain of respectability. It's the very worst type of a breach of trust.

vhehn is justified, as he would and is, in pointing out individual barbarities at the heart of the Nazi , the Catholic, or any other organization.

9. "I can not understand why you feel the need to point out every single case of pedophilia/homosexuality within the catholic church as if it is proof that the only thing going on within the catholic church is child rape/homosexuality, there has been many more instances of good things which have happened based on the catholic church than there has been bad. "

you are on ignore so i normally dont see what you write but i see your post through the thread stu wrote.

here goes. religious institutions put themselves out as the source of moral authority in america. if they say one thing and encourage another they are hypocrits and they deserve to be challenged. the catholic church has yet to do a mass firing for priests known to abuse, they are still actively covering it up.
    i believe education has the power to keep people from making mistakes. if my educating people about what the catholic church really is helps keep people from falling into their cult trap i have done a public service.
    some will say what about the good things the catholic church does for poor people? i say what good things. they hoard their vast wealth while the only thing poor countries get from them are mandates like no birth control which causes untold poverty, disease and death. look at haiti. they are 80% catholic and the poorest country in our part of the world. they are so overpopulated that they have almost deforesrted their land yet the catholic church refuses to allow birth control.
    amen.
    sermon over. pass the offering plate.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
    H. L. Mencken

10. jem

jem

But that was a post about a homosexual who worked for the church?

Why did you post it?

Exactly what was you point?

Why did you not answer the question?

Are you saying the church is corrupted by homosexuals?
    Do you find homosexuality s to be a perversion?
    Are you saying the church should not hire homos?
    Are you saying homos with the church make it dangerous.

How come you don't have the guts to explain yourself?
    Is it because it shows you to be a big liberal hypocrit?

I am sure you know what may stance is on this stuff and oddly it is not hypocritical.

#10     Mar 6, 2010