Ukraine stock market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by adam99, Jan 28, 2019.

1. adam99

adam99

Nobert likes this.
  2. zdreg

zdreg

currency depreciation?

3. Nobert

Nobert

it's my guess, but one of the factors should be that, they managet to stabilize situation at the east part of the country ( mostly) . Also those peace agreements, even temporary. If the pro-russian separatists would be pushing front line, the scenario would be different. ( ? )

yg10 likes this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

Hmnn, how depreciation has a boost on stock market, like the money loose value, but stocks are doing better, how is that so, could you explain a little bit more?

Thanks.

Edit : is it, that the equities etc gets cheaper, so that attracts capital from other countries?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  5. zdreg

zdreg

money is just paper printed by government. stock of a company represents ownership in a business. if the currency loses value the company does not lose value, if the currency loses value the price of the company goes up in that currency so the value of the co. in real terms remains the same.

Nobert likes this.
  6. Nobert

Nobert

Simple & clear, thanks Zdreg.

7. Yes but often the inflated price is discounted from real value or at least this was my impression from Dalios debt crisis book

8. Nobert

Nobert

got it for free as pdf from principles.com as well,

do you remember any examples of that in particular?

9. zdreg

zdreg

the stock maintains its value everything else being equal should have been included in my reply. of course, in life that is rarely the situation.

in any case real value is a nebulous number, dependent on many factors

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. No way I'm reading a PDF on my desktop, I got it on Kindle. I think the Germany case study showed a chart with real value compared to inflated value side-by-side.

#10     Jan 28, 2019
    Nobert likes this.