UK unemployment continues to rise

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jan 18, 2012.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

2. So is immigration, so what?

3. pupu

pupu

It's rising in many other countries in Europe as well

Nobody cares

Printing trumps all!

:D

4. morganist

morganist Guest

I don't get it. Are you implying the unemployment rate is rising because of immigration?

5. morganist

morganist Guest

True. But they are not printing to create employment. At least if they are it is not helping. As far as I can tell the money is sitting in reserve accounts.

6. Yes.

7. morganist

morganist Guest

Youth unemployment perhaps. I am not sure about the older generation but you could be right. If that was the case there would be an increase of employment figures that would match the unemployment figures directly. I don't think that is the case. You could argue that the number of unemployed might be lower if immigration was lower and also that some of the unemployed are migrants. However I don't think that is the case. I think there is a general shortage of jobs for everyone so although immigration might make it worse I don't think it is the driving force.

8. its all about property there. finance sector and property employ large majority of people in land of lottery movies.

9. S2007S

S2007S

Imagine if this world economy was NOT printing trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars, there would be a world wide depression right now, so basically its all one big propping of the economies around the world, just keep printing and printing.

10. morganist

morganist Guest

Yeah when does it end?

#10     Jan 18, 2012