UK trading broker / prop shop

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by PropReturn, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Hi traders,

I’m an ex-local who left trading a few years ago. Into STIRS, futures spreads, butterflys blah blah. I see the market has finally come back to something interesting, and am considering a return.

Anyone got any recommendations for how to set up retail brokerage accounts? Do they bundle in any necessary software? When I left I was with a big clearing firm. The commissions were reasonable, but the costs were getting out of control. Stellar, CQG, mkt data fees, regulation fees. Fee administration fees (not a joke).

I was doing a reasonable amount of systematic trading, so something with an API would be good. If anyone would like to put up some commission numbers for doing say, 50k lots a month that would be most helpful.

Would be interested to hear what is considered to be a good prop trading floor in London at the moment? Know things have probably changed a lot over the years.

Any info, very much appreciated.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

CQG allows trading as well as an api so that saves the cost of stellar.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

who did you clear through before?

4. Hi ZBZB,
    I actually thought CGQ was a great product, albeit pricey when you go for the full trading / charting bundle. Just had a few issues with the autotrader that could not be resolved. I cleared Marex, who I found to be quite good, and open with their pricing.

But now looking for a broker who can bundle some bits up. Thinking IB may be the largest, and probably then cheapest for what I need. Perhaps Advantage Futures may be worth a look also. Are you in a prop house yourself?

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

I have an account at IB and an options membership from CBOT so I do not have to pay the exchange fee. I am in London and work from home, had a coworking office space before covid.

do you want office space?

If you do not like the IB software then use www.medvedtrader.com as a front end for $25 a month.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022