UK to join the Euro

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by forestfire, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I have no idea where Crash Gordon gets his advice from. Possibly...

#11     Dec 1, 2008
  2. Alexis

Alexis

thx for the link!

#12     Dec 1, 2008
  3. It appears that the Prince of Darkness is behind the story. So that's why he was brought back from Europe!

Seriously, will the conversion rate be as bad as parity?
    I don't doubt that with the fcukwits involved they will get a bad deal, but that would be terrible for the UK...

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/73859

#13     Dec 2, 2008
  4. asap

asap

no other alternative for the brits i am afraid.

currency down the drain, a castle of cards economy based on insane real estate speculation, financial services for the once striving hedge fund and investment banking sectors and declining industries that never turn and dime.

i dont see how they'll make it without the euro really. ecb austerity is the best medicine that brits can take. better do it now at parity than later when inflation and current account deficits have debased it much further...

#14     Dec 2, 2008
  5. just21

just21

It will never pass on a referendum.

#15     Dec 2, 2008
  6. Given the government's track record I find it highly unlikely there would be a referendum. Don't you agree?

#16     Dec 2, 2008
  7. henry76

henry76

It's all about the next election , so no , there won't be a referendum

#17     Dec 2, 2008
  8. just21

just21

I don't think the conservatives are going to introduce the euro and they are favourites to win the next election unless we are living in a country where a majority favour totalitarianism.

#18     Dec 2, 2008
  9. I don't think it is about the next election. I worry that Brown may push it through with all due haste to ingratiate himself with the European mob, try and make his name in history, blame the economic woe on the Europeans, etc etc.
    Whatever his motives, his decision making is highly suspect and I think that this is a stunt that he may try and pull off

#19     Dec 2, 2008
  10. Why would anyone want to hold GBP anyway particulary if they throw responsable monetary policy out the window.

#20     Dec 2, 2008