UK Scalpers

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by alpha_monkey, Jan 3, 2004.

1. No hope you didn't take it wrong, I'm a little ignorant and understand no German, so was concerned what it might have been saying.
    Thank you again.

#211     Jan 28, 2009
  2. garak

garak

#212     Jan 28, 2009
  3. FGBS

FGBS

Just a quick post to see if anyone can give an update on how everyone is doing at some of the prop shops or trading arcades in London. Which shops are still reasonably full? I traded FGBL/FGBM/FGBS from 2002-2005 and have since moved to more algorithmic trading down under but always curious how the prop traders are doing. Are shops like Saxon, Elite, Curvalue, Marex, FuturesTradingAlliance, Schneider, Schonfeld still doing ok or have the lower levels in indices and thus higher cost killed a lot of the edge?

Any stories, updates or links to further info are very much appreicated.

FGBS

#213     Jun 3, 2009
  4. bennie83

bennie83

I am no longer putting up with the high commissions of UK/European brokers. So I'm going to use a US broker to trade FTSE Future, Emini S&P and Dax Future. Any recommendations? I've got a shortlist of RCG, Infinity, Mirus, Global and Amp. Reputable firms etc? Cheers.

By the way could you confirm the following contracts and their respective exchanges?

FTSE Future (LIFFE). 1 tick = £5
    E mini S&P (CME). 1 tick = $12.50
    Dax future (Eurex?) 1 tick =?
    DJ Eurostoxx 50 (Eurex) 1 tick =?

Thanks

#214     Jun 7, 2009
  5. what platforms/brokers are UK scalpers using ?

#215     Jun 8, 2009