UK Proposes All Paychecks Go to the State First

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tom B, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Verse 1:
    Texas, our Texas! All hail the mighty State!
    Texas, our Texas! So wonderful so great!
    Boldest and grandest, Withstanding ev'ry test;
    O Empire wide and glorious, You stand supremely blest.

Chorus::
    God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,
    That you may grow in power and worth,
    Thro'out the ages long.

Verse 2:
    Texas, O Texas! Your freeborn single star,
    Sends out its radiance to nations near and far.
    Emblem of freedom! It sets our hearts aglow,
    With thoughts of San Jacinto and glorious Alamo.

Verse 3:
    Texas, dear Texas! From tyrant grip now free,
    Shines forth in splendor your star of destiny!
    Mother of heroes! We come your children true,
    Proclaiming our allegiance, our faith, our love for you.

by William J. Marsh and Gladys Yoakum Wright

#11     Sep 20, 2010
  2. Wasn't this the way during the industrial revolution. You llived in company housing, shopped at the company store, everything deducted before they cashed your check?

#12     Sep 20, 2010
  3. UK already has cameras in every inch of the city. I think the brits are accustomed to big brother so this next phase should pass with little resistance.

#13     Sep 20, 2010
  4. lsd47

lsd47

If I were a UK citizen, I would have enough saved at home(but no bank) to feed my family for 30 days. Then I would propose a national work boycott and not go to work for 30 days. See how the government deals with no revenue.

#14     Sep 20, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

That's how coal companies used to do "business" back in the 1920's.

They paid you in company scrip. You lived in a coal company owned house, you shopped in the company owned store, and paid outrages prices for your food using the scrip.

Pretty sad...

When the miners in West Virginia had enough of the communist type of management they were living under, they attempted to form a union. The only problem was the fact that the US government, hand in hand with the coal companies tried to block them from gaining freedom.

The miners decided that they had enough of that, took up rifles, and the largest non-war related battle on US soil ensued. The miners decided that the only way they could tell themselves apart from the thugs the coal companies hired to intimidate and kill them, was to tie a red bandana around their necks as they marched into battle. Hence, the term redneck was born.

During the battle, the US government dropped bombs from planes, and issued 30-06 machine guns to the thugs to shoot the miners who came into battle with hunting rifles. I've seen pics of un-exploded bombs in people's front yards when I studied this years ago.

There's something to be learned from history, no question. The sad part is governments are apparently going back to the above model, and once people have had enough, you know the rest...

#15     Sep 20, 2010
  6. spd

spd

*Republic of Texas :p

#16     Sep 20, 2010
  7. You want to know what is even WORSE??? When criminal syndicate central banks throughout the world CONTROL all liquidity......once that is complete, GAME OVER! :eek:

#17     Sep 20, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

try to get a bank account in the UK. lots of luck.

#18     Sep 20, 2010
  9. benwm

benwm

Hey why not go one better:-
    All paychecks go to the UN/New World Government who use a complicated formula to determine the fair tax rate for all based on individual circumstances, always ensuring that there is a balanced budget on a global and regional level.

Then a certain percentage gets allocated to numerous good causes such as regional development, fighting climate change, etc and then finally farmed back out to each nation based on their stated GDP.

Obviously the UN and respective states should be compensated for the burden of administrating such a progressive and radical new system...and after all, the administrative teams benefit from stable jobs and incomes, they then spend those incomes and the good old Keynesian money multiplier kicks in to create infinite prosperity in the economy. A virtuous economic circle indeed.

Oh yes, and the final solution to make it all work...nuke any rogue nation who dares to opt out or engage in 'unfair tax competition'. Within any compliant nation insert microchips at birth into individuals to ensure 100% compliance.

The human race will never look back again.

#19     Sep 20, 2010
  10. *Republic of Texas

I don't think it will go that far. I am a NYCer, educated in Chicago, spent 9 years trading in Chicago and ended up in Texas. Hated it at first.
    But now, with the fucked up Gov and the Depression, oops I mean the Recession that ended in 09...lol., I've grown to love Texas and Texans.

Of course I live in a city of 1.3 million and Austin,Dallas, and Houston are a hop and skip away. I think my next move will be to Dallas.

But I do not worry about the FED gov, living in Texas. The Illegal Immigration is more of a problem than FEDs.

#20     Sep 20, 2010