UK prop

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by, Aug 13, 2010.


    Hello everyone

    please advise me props that can offer trading in UK stock market

  2. You should be more specific...
    What size account?
    Are you looking for a firm based in the UK or one that is just able to trade UK stocks and based elsewhere?
    And also where you're based.

    sent you private msg
  4. just21


    There is no prop trading in UK shares as you have to pay .5% stamp duty.
  5. marine


    This is not correct. You can get around the stamp duty by trading CFDs or by holding a security for less than a month.
  6. just21


    So how do you get a rebate for holding a security for less than a month?
  7. marine


    If you are an exchange member and hold the security for less than 28 days. There are different types of membership and I believe LSE has recently made it easier to become a member for competitive reasons.

    Or if you qualify for "Intermediary Relief" then there is no holding period.

    See also
  8. just21


    Can individuals become members of the Exchange?
    Private persons can not trade directly on the London Stock Exchange and to become a member, you must meet a number of requirement’s which can be found above and relate to authorised/exempt firms not approved/exempt individuals. If you wish to begin trading as a private investor you should contact one of the London Stock Exchange's retail member firms.