UK is broke

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Jun 10, 2013.

1. zdreg

zdreg

"if the consumer has less money how will the economy grow? "

this is the fallacy that most countries fall into. you can increase consumer demand by printing money but every manufacturer knows that the money received is worth less and less.
    instead of investing they take the money and put it into hard assets that can protect them from the devaluation of the currency. brazil and other countries use to massively print currencies in the 20th century. it never led to anything but economic disaster. the economy becomes less productive as business people and others do not upgrade their factories but spend their time gaming the system.
    your recipe is the typical populist solution which leads to economic disaster. it is only when the perceived return on capital increases that an economy flourishes as new machinery and factories replace old less than productive ones.. otherwise you just end up with hyper-inflation.

#11     Jun 14, 2013
  2. sheda

sheda

#12     Jun 15, 2013
  3. Humpy

Humpy

The UK wasted a shedload of money supporting the USA in it's useless wars. Blair is still on the US payroll, staying in the best hotel in Jerusalem regularly. Not just 1 room or 1 suite but a whole floor it seems. Why the US is sacrificing itself and it's allies for Israel, I just don't understand.
    Now it's mission creep into the Syrian conflict. Quite why the US is supporting the rebels, many of whom are Al Quaeda, is also a mystery. Money I suspect is usually the driver. Some clowns never learn and make the same mistakes over and over again. They should be aware of Einstein's definition of insanity ? But that is expecting just too much from the amateurs in Washington, I suppose !!

#13     Jun 15, 2013
  4. your a fool its always interesting when people like to blame the Jews for everything it tells their character. anything and everything that goes on in the middle east is about oil. if there was no oil we would let them all kill each other. you just have to look around the world and see the things we let continue like Africa. they take kids from parents and make a army, they go in villages to cut peoples arms off, and what do we do about that? if we could run are cars on black people we would be in Africa too don't fool yourself.

we don't care about Syrians we care about not letting their chemical weapons in the wrong hands. we care about the craziness not carrying over to the next country. Israel is hardcore they can level the middle east if the wanted too. i also was to state the UK, USA, and a bunch of other countries put the Jews in that spot of the world because it was garbage real estate in every-bodies eyes except the Arabs. we could of easily gave them half of Germany after the war but that was prime real estate.

#14     Jun 15, 2013
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Mathematically, fractional reserve-based economies implode when the total interest cost strangles the productive sector. Every dollar (digital and paper) is a debt accruing interest to someone. That, deindustrialization, and hyper-taxation.regulation are like mill-stones tied to the necks of western economies, pulling us to the bottom. I think the total debt to gdp of the uk is something like. 800 percent. That's why there's a huge scramble for new collateral and expanding definitions of it - because the collateral doesn't exist to create the new credit necessary needed to keep the game afloat. Anyway, at some point, the debt has to be written off, deflation must occur and the system reset. Bankers run the show and are desperate to hyperinflate becuz they're entire net worth is tied up in paper assets who's value is derived from (more paper). Deflation means the end to banker rule.

#15     Jun 15, 2013
  6. sheda

sheda

I love seeing this written in such a way it gives the impression that its only an issue to bankers :lol:

#16     Jun 15, 2013
  7. achilles28

achilles28

. That's a pretty dumb statement considering the wealthy aren't jepordizing their right to rule

#17     Jun 15, 2013
  8. sheda

sheda

Not dumb at all, if the above happened it would impact those who own property all over the world, private jets and a world hidden away inside the one we call the norm a lot less than it would impact the average person. Sure they lose their paper net worth, while the people around you will be losing their homes and entire lives saving.

As I said, I love seeing what was written termed in such a way that its only bankers who have an issue, like this is wrong, thats wrong, and that, so banker are trying to do this, to save their rule!

I have seen it a lot on the internet..you may take into account the facts of the situation and are just focusing in on bankers, while others I have come across really, could not understand that the bankers would be eating from silver plates, while all the while they are reduced to scraps from the street gutter :lol:

#18     Jun 15, 2013
  9. mgrund

mgrund

IF you think the UK is broke then short the FTSE100 INDEX! Put your money where your mouth is........

#19     Jun 15, 2013
  10. mgrund

mgrund

Ps I am long the Saudi dinar if it all kicks off in the middle east, hedging my bets...:D

#20     Jun 15, 2013