UK GDP shocker Q3 -0,4 Q/Q - FTSE rises

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ASusilovic, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Schizophrenic reaction to reality. Speechless. :mad:

2. At least Sterling is finally taking it on the chin after the huge short squeeze over the last couple days.

3. I have to question the mental stability of trading desks in London.

How should shrinking GDP contribute to higher company profits ? Retail sales couple of days ago dissapointing !

Ridiculous.

4. xty

xty

Someone might be doing this to get out of their positions............

5. The pre-packaged answer normally given is that GDP is backward looking...

A couple of reason this weak GDP could appear positive for stocks: 1) GBP TWI is down by more than 1%; 2) likelihood of a more 'helpful', less hawkish BoE.

Moreover, I would think that most of the move in the FTSE is just a delayed reaction to the Spooz O/N.

6. Yeah, this is exactly what media do. They cover-up their actions with nice and logical explanation. Damn manipulators...

Good earning, run-up ; no-brainer...
    Good earning, run-down; it was already priced in...

7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Indeed, I went short prior to the news release, when news came out I thought to myself I was about to profit nicely...and instead we got THAT! Nonsense.

8. I'll get busy looking at UK real estate once sterling drops below $1.50 :cool:

9. xty

xty

If i may ask why do u think sterling wont go to $1.2 and secondly u think UK real estate is off the hook.

thirdly i believe u one of those very experience traders on this site.............so why would u look for real estate when interest rate is 0 ?

wouldnt mind learning pls

10. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Low IR drives property market upwards (cheap mortgages) :)

P.S. On the other hand I am not convinced property market is a good investment in the UK, yet.

#10     Oct 23, 2009