UK economy 'faces crisis' warns former IMF economist

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Feb 8, 2010.

1. clacy

clacy

Wars are almost always fought over finances (sometimes ideology). Whether it's for natural resources, debt, tax expansion, etc countries will often make moves that they feel will benefit them financially.

They are not always planned events, but happen though a series of events over time.

Country A gets aggressive with Country B over a territory dispute (natural resources and taxes)
    Country C decides that Country A is infringing on their economic interests (in Country B).
    Country A aligns itself with Country D, which is a natural enemy of Country C
    The dominoes continue to fall until there is all out war between all 4 nations.

#21     Feb 8, 2010
  2. We got out of the great depression through WW2, despite what the experts might say.

Resources are scarce, money is tight, and people are getting increasingly angry, when such a scenario happens,something somewhere will blow.

#22     Feb 8, 2010
  3. I scared you by showing you the reality but I had to write the truth. Be prepared for World War III. It is the ultimate fate of mankind.

#23     Feb 8, 2010
  4. BULLSHIT.. all you've done is spew... either offer a well thought-out explanation or please quit posting on ET... We' got plenty of BS artists already..

#24     Feb 8, 2010
  5. Wasn't Britain on food rationing all the way into the 60's?

It's amazing how spoiled people can get in just 2 generations.

Ooh we can't allow the banks to fail bug-a-boo!

#25     Feb 8, 2010
  6. wavel

wavel

"We" are selling the white cliffs of Dover to a French bidder, apparently in order to reduce the debt.

I cannot help but to smile at the symbolical theme underpinning this sale considering it is the closest point of mainland Britain that there is to France, only two months since the Lisbon treaty came in force.

I'm not even sure if it is politically correct to sing "God save the Queen" these days.

#26     Feb 8, 2010
  7. I fail to understand how the world economy is functioning when all the major countries are facing severe debt crisis.

#27     Feb 9, 2010
  8. Debt on itself isnt bad by nature.

Debt can be good.

Who is best of?

The bum in the street with 2 cent in his pocket.

Or the rich doctor who has a big mortgage to pay off.

Think about it.

#28     Feb 9, 2010
  9. Lethn

Lethn

It's only a matter of time, when the people funding this debt grow impatient or lose all their money as well eventually we'll all be forced to pay for it.

#29     Feb 9, 2010