UK economy 'faces crisis' warns former IMF economist

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Feb 8, 2010.

1. All the countries are facing severe debt crisis. I can see World War III coming.

#11     Feb 8, 2010
  2. For what purpose?

And don't say,

1. "to get us out of this economic mess"... that's too generalized

2. "That's what worked in WWII".. it's different this time.

3. Besides, a war won't fix our economic ills, regardless of who wins.

#12     Feb 8, 2010
  3. Lethn

Lethn

Now I look at even though the atmosphere is right I don't think the actual conditions are right. Unless the U.S somehow manage to severely piss off China, which I doubt, because the U.S government are cowards. They'll stomp over everything in order to get at each other. I don't see that happening however because the only trigger for that right now is debt and I don't think China even needs to go to war in order to wipe the U.S out since it is already bankrupt.

#13     Feb 8, 2010
  4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

I meant the aggregate debt, the UK banks' debt.
    But if you say that the UK banks are not a concern for the UK government or for the BOE, I believe you, why not ?

#14     Feb 8, 2010
  5. IF there is any global war we will be the ones to start it since there is no nation-state on earth that can project power like we do. None, not even the whole of the EU.

#15     Feb 8, 2010
  6. Global war? Who wins that? The cockroaches and nematodes*?

* In case you never heard of them.. the phylum of animals with the planet's greatest biomass.

While you're groping with this new concept, here's a trivia question...

"What animal is responsible for the most human deaths?"... Think about it.. don't just Google, "most human deaths"..

#16     Feb 8, 2010
  7. What will you do if you have weapons in your hand but no money to buy food?. Understandably you will use weapons.

#17     Feb 8, 2010
  8. "Nani"? (Japanese slang for "huh"?)

I'm trying to think... "Why would the US declare war on anybody?"...

I can think of only 3 reasons...

1. Obama wants to win re-election

2. The USA wants an excuse to repudiate its obligations for our Treasuries...

3. The USA wants to take over the oil reserves of the Middle East

If you've got another rational hypothesis, I'd like to hear it. (Your response is STUPID.. Please do ET a favor and STOP POSTING!!)

#18     Feb 8, 2010
  9. Lethn

Lethn

I think Nani literally translated means "what?" actually :)

#19     Feb 8, 2010
  10. And the difference is...??

#20     Feb 8, 2010