UK Banks May Need New Bailout in 2011: Think Tank

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Many British banks may need another state bailout next year and their borrowing requirements could hit 25 billion pounds ($39.4 billion) a month, the New Economics Foundation (NEF) think tank said on Monday.

The NEF said it had examined Bank of England data and concluded that many UK banks appeared to face a funding cliff, as the NEF published a report on the British banking system.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39493907

British banks ? Never ever ! The Financial Times doesn´t even know anymore what a British headline is ! For over a year the media outlet is full of news about the "European sovereign debt problems." ... Well, Her Majesty´s central bankers have some very nice ( German made ) money printing machines, too... :cool:

2. With the October 20 deadline for settling departmental spending cuts looming...

3. gucci

gucci

I guess the banks found the free money really tasty. Now let's see where it all ends...

4. S2007S

S2007S

I wouldn't be worried if UK banks did need a new bailout, there is absolutely no reason to worry about any bank who needs liquidity for a bailout, every time this has happened it has been fixed within a couple of days. Stocks will fall about 1% then push up another 20% after the bailouts take place. All they need to do is print more money, this has not been a problem what so ever.

5. ah ah, do you really believe this? thanks for making me laugh :D

6. S2007S

S2007S

Actually, yes!!!!

7. +1

8. promagma

promagma

And the UK housing bubble hasn't really popped yet / is reinflating

9. [​IMG]