UK arms control and the fake USA crisis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Some more regime reorganization in the Middle East and we can sell a little more.
    You know the Netherlands is just one place behind China :)

#41     Aug 2, 2012
  2. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

eer, no. Films are published on DVD's or Blue Ray. They've never been on CD.

Not quite the same argument though is it because you're talking about a specific film, which in this case would be like talking about a particular brand of fire arm.

Please try harder.

:)

#42     Aug 2, 2012
  3. You wouldn't happen to be serbian would you ?

#43     Aug 2, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

I just thought that was RCG doing his, "Talk To The Hand", persona.

#44     Aug 2, 2012
  5. Mav88

Mav88

You still don't understand, it doesn't matter what the absolute levels were. If I start with handgun level X and decrease it by law, no matter what X is, then liberal theory says handgun gun goes down. It went up, so either gun control doesn't work or liberal;s are wrong. You keep trying to dimish the point by saying 'well the UK has other firearms'- doesn't matter, as we are talking handguns only

#45     Aug 3, 2012
  6. Mav88

Mav88

that's right jackwagon, you know full well what the point was but think that the 'CD' mistake invalidates it.

Your super-simpleton econ 101 is not true in the absolute sense, it's easy to show that quite clearly, no need to try anything harder here. In fact it didn't take much trying at all to refute you since you have such a grossly incompetant sense of your own intuition.

#46     Aug 3, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Well, of course gun control does work, but only in situations where the gun control is actually working, courtrooms, airplanes, etc. But you're right, in places where it's not working, gun control does not work.

#47     Aug 3, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

DVD vs CD, spelling, grammar, math errors. For days now it's seemingly all the left has had around here. Oh and the insults of course. But then according to them only we do that.

#48     Aug 3, 2012
  9. Are you pursuing a political ideology or facts?
    You are on a fools errand if you seek comparisons between legal firearms and crime in the UK and transplanting that argument to the US.
    Due to the rarity of handguns in the UK they did not enter the conscious thought of criminals targeting non criminals as they were not carried and if kept at home they had to be safes/lock boxes in locked rooms. I feel your argument would be better served if it focused on the unique circumstances surrounding gun control/self defense in the US

#49     Aug 3, 2012
  10. So you're saying that if criminals know people may be armed, they take that fact into consideration? I think that's the main point we are trying to make.

I know people who have had their houses brazenly broken into in posh areas of london while they were there, and the invaders were well aware they were there. They just didn't care because they knew they would not be met with deadly force. Few criminals would take that risk in most of the southern or western US. In those areas, there are a few things you just don't do if you want to live. Breaking into a man's house when he's there is high on the list.

#50     Aug 3, 2012