"Uh, market is not so hot anymore. Are you still making money?"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sunggong, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Does anyone else get this a lot?

First I get mocked for leaving a cushy consulting job for daytrading, and nowadays, I get asked that question a lot.

When I do, I just look at their eyes with my WTF expression, and tell them, "what do you mean? You mean I'm supposed to only make money when the market is going up?"

One of my favorite response is something like, "yeah times are tough. I didn't tell you but now I work the swing shift at a local Taco Bell to pay for bills."

2. i hate when people ask me that. everytime the market has a bad day they ask how i did. it gets annoying after a while. i just say,"if i can't make money in a down market,i better give up trading". they then tell me they don't know how i do it. i just say,i don't know how you cut hair or sell cars.

3. Shagi

Shagi

You are undercapitalized, dont dig the hole any deeper. Forget this making a living day trading sexy stuff. The trading business is already difficult why handicap yourself with undercapitalization. Go back to your cushy job, or find one that allows access to your brokers, then day trade with no pressure of having to make a buck then lose four by end of day.

4. I guess you didn't get the joke?

5. Shagi

Shagi

I guess you didn't get the joke? [/QUOTE]

ooops - :p

6. I've been hearing nonsense like that for decades, every time the market goes down. I just say .."well, actually, since the market goes down faster than it goes up, real traders like both directions." (Oh? Ok they say, no clue LOL).

All the best,

Don