UGLD USLV DGLD DSLV UGAZ DGAZ ZIV VIIX TVIX soon to be delisted

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by betcashrun, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Bump!!!

#21     Jun 25, 2020
  2. guru

guru

Currently TVIX is spiking a little due to market conditions, but the discussion here wasn’t related to market conditions but to its delisting. And possibly the price could be even higher if not for being delisted. Basically I wouldn’t trust it right now.

#22     Jun 27, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  3. guru

guru

#23     Jun 27, 2020
    jtrader33 and KCalhoun like this.
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Me neither since TVIX about to be delisted, going back to UVXY instead. I'm really going to miss it

Thx re article, interesting it'll be ETF vs etn

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    #24     Jun 27, 2020
    guru likes this.
  5. They wont close core products. You can simply check volumes to assume what will close and what wont in the near future. Don't compare low volume 3x etf's that cost the company money to reverse split and split vs their 3x etfs with tens or millions of volume a week.

#25     Jul 2, 2020
  6. guru

guru

TVIX was a core product, one of most popular ETFs, with $1.5 billion in assets.
    So what you wrote doesn’t make sense.

#26     Jul 2, 2020
  7. What I said makes total of sense although I assumed people would figure out that an asset which requires constant reverse splits isn't a good long term product for any company. Just because it's highly traded doesn't make it a core product for the company; TVIX was a highly traded product in RH and it still got delisted. An asset that perpetually declines near zero and requires constant splits doesn't sound like a "core product"... As a business these ETFs are loss leaders (or marginally profitable) to get people into the leveraged game and to gain market share vs competitors. Now these traders should look to the leveraged products that require much less, or no splits like index/sector based ETF's. It's obvious that these ETF's are immensely more profitable than the ETF's that will be delisted.

btw the aum is ~1B not 1.5B but it doesn't matter due to the rapid decline.

#27     Jul 2, 2020