Ugh... Java API to comprehensive data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Quack, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Quack

Quack

Looking and looking.... either the vendor doesn't have a Java API or the data quality is low.

I'm willing to spend up to several hundred $s per month, not incl exchange fees. In fact I found Moneyline/Telerate would give me a feed at $375/mo, but getting them to talk to me, just to ask exchange fees, etc., is next to impossible. (They usually supply trading rooms, so I'm too small to them to expend effort.)

Anyone know of a provider? Maybe a FIX engine with a java interface? Unfortunately my trading is still at too low a level to convince a broker to give me a feed in return for commission income. FWIW, I am interested in realtime equity and equity index futures data for the US, major European, HK and Japanese exchanges, and should be able to track around 1000 symbols at a time.

quack

2. Foz

Foz

Does eSignal have what you are looking for?

3. First thing I did is build a Realtick C++ to java gateway.
    1000 symbols is no problem, and I get every bid, ask, print, etc.

peace

axeman

4. Quack

Quack

E-Signal only seems to have an ActiveX API, which I don't know anything about. I believe it is possible to build a Java interfcace to activeX-- any ideas as to whether this would be scalable?

As for RealTick.... seem to be a lot of posts on this board that say it goes down frequently, has slow data, etc.

Q