UFO's In Denver!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 13, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

He's all about service to his country. Now you know why he doesn't mind these long tours to Iraq and Afghanistan. If he's lucky they will prosecute him and lock him up for the rest of his life.

#31     Nov 13, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I thought Tiger Wood's wife was exceedingly good looking so I didn't understand why he needed all of that skank.

But this... oh man. Is he supposed to just limp back home and spend the rest of his days with this water buffalo? I will *never* be able to be with a woman like that.

Ok back to the topic.

I started to type about something I saw but I've convinced myself over the years that it was nothing.

#32     Nov 13, 2012
  3. I feel bad about making fun of this gal in another post. Everyone is cracking jokes and she is going through a nightmare right now. I bet Petraus still cares deeply for her and would kick the crap out of any of us cracking on his lovely wife. I apologize for my part in this.

Rennick:(

#33     Nov 13, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Gee, isn't that just awful that you feel that way.

If you don't run around fucking graduate students and exchanging nastygrams via Gmail you should be ok. :D

#34     Nov 13, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

So, you saw a long lanky grey alien with big black almond shaped eyes and you convinced yourself that you were imagining it? Of course, it was naked. Aliens are always naked. :D

#35     Nov 13, 2012
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ok, I'll make even more of a fool of myself than usual... :)

I was taking the trash out just before sunset and something caught my eye. At first it looked like a nearly inflated black trash-bag moving across the town at about 2000' AGL from west to east. Something looked strange about it so I stopped and starred at it. It was very deep black, like a black widow spider or a raven or something else from nature and was just an amorphous shape. In engineering school they called something like that a "your basic amorphous potato shaped solid".

So I'm watching it and thinking that it is a trash-bag. But it was moving in a very linear and consistent way and it was moving fast, maybe 200 kts TAS. And it kept getting bigger until it was just adjacent to my butte.

Now it looked like a black rock but I still persisted in thinking it was a trash-bag because it was moving in the direction of the wind. Too fast, too big but still registering as "trash" in my mind. After it passed it went along straight for another few seconds then abruptly turned across the wind about 45 degrees and headed out into the desert to the Southeast.

I stood there and was kind of stunned. The wind was gusting to maybe 30 kts and could not account for the speed. It was large like a small shed or outbuilding and it had turned across the wind. There wasn't any sound from it.

And thats it. I talked myself into believing it was a trash-bag but that just doesn't work if I'm being honest with myself. I don't see something and just jump to "that was a UFO!". It was unusual. There, now I'm an official UFO nutty cheese log. That F-15 audio probably grabbed my attention because they described the object as a rock. :)

#36     Nov 14, 2012
  7. What about your colleagues luke, ever hear any of them say they saw something they couldn't explain?

#37     Nov 14, 2012
  8. Mav88

Mav88

The most efficient way to communicate with other starts would be laser light due to the small beam diffraction. Some Harvard prof. has actually automated a telescope to look for beacons.

Your signal to noise argument is interesting. The other probem is bandwidth. To cover 0-200GHz over all the sky all the time would require massive data handing and extemely good spectrum analyzers. You can only look at one small slice at a time now.

The DoD has a new comm system where they bury signals in kTB noise. To dig it back out at the receiver you have a modulation key. Pretty neat, all the bad guys sees is noise.

As far as us being interesting, well we send landers to mars to look for dead bacteria, so I don't know how to factor that one.

You also failed to consider that IQ47 and free thinker display all the hallmarks of people sexually assaulted by aliens.... <*spooky X Files music*>

#38     Nov 14, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

That became a UFO when it turned across the wind direction. What was it? Who knows. It's not likely it was an alien space craft but it was something we don't understand - Unless there could have been some cross winds at that location and elevation that suddenly took the bag in a different direction.

Although I mentioned I never saw a UFO I did see something strange in the sky a couple years ago. It was the middle of the day and I was driving on a fairly busy 6 lane road when I noticed what looked like a shiny silver disk in the sky. As I glanced back at it, it quickly ducked behind a cloud after seemingly in front of the other clouds. I pulled off on a side street so I could stop but couldn't locate it again.

I assumed since I could only glance at it as I was driving that it was probably an airliner that I saw at an odd angle making it look like a disk. It was about 15 miles east of DFW but not where planes landing or taking off normally fly.

#39     Nov 14, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Boltzmann noise or kTB noise is random so there would be no way for a receiver to achieve coherence needed to subtract the noise out and recover the data. Both sides have to have a priori knowledge of the noise.

I think you mean Pseudo Random noise (PN) which is a repeating high speed symbol sequence known to the transmitter and receiver. Often "Gold Codes" that have an epoch or preamble are used that have a particularly good quality of randomness without being truly random. The transmitter modulo-2 asynchronously adds the low rate user data to the high rate PN sequence. The receiver looks for the "epoch" in the received stream and synchronizes to it then subtracts the PN code leaving the user data.

That is not really new and it is used all over the place in satellite communications, even by NASA (the NASA standard transponder uses PN sequences). But it is very cool. I'm a sort of half-assed expert on the TDRSS and made a small career out of going around to satellite programs and replacing the NASA compatibility test van with a microwave repeater that can handle the bandwidth needed by satellite links that contain PN encoded data streams since the bandwidth is about twice the PN data rate and it is a high data rate. Typical NASA bird requires about 10 MHz bandwidth minimum even for a low rate telemetry or command links because of those PN sequences.

Sorry for the gibberish. I could be wrong but I'm probably not. :)

#40     Nov 14, 2012