UFO's In Denver!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Nov 13, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Aviation expert Steve Cowell is a former commercial pilot, instructor and FAA accident prevention counselor.

He thought he would have a logical explanation, until he watched the video. “That is not an airplane, that is not a helicopter, those are not birds, I can’t identify it,” he said. He also told us the objects are not insects.

He said he knows of no aircraft that flies as fast. He did tell us there is one other possibility. “Perhaps there’s some sort of debris that is being raised up by some of the atmospheric winds.”

But in his professional opinion, “As it fits the definition, it’s an unidentified flying object.”

Video
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/are...n-anonymous-tipster-and-a-local-news-station/

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You're an engineer so I would be interested to know what you think.

For me it is getting to the point where I don't believe anything from a photograph or video. Aliens would have to land on the White House lawn and say "take me to your leader" before I would believe they existed.

There are 3 physical reasons that I don't believe in UFOs.

1) There are a lot of people who are disappointed that all of the SETI projects have never found anything. As you know, SETI listens for non-random electromagnetic signals that might represent some intelligence somewhere in our galaxy.

I read a good physics explanation of why SETI doesn't work and it is due to the noise power density or "noise figure" of our most sensitive receivers even though many are cooled by liquid hydrogen, helium or nitrogen. It is a radio astronomy problem.

Lots of electromagnetic energy is leaked from the Earth in the form of broadcast radio, television, radar et cetera. The truth is that we could not detect the Earth from a distance equivalent to the distance to the closest star. We could not detect ourselves from the distance to the closest star despite all of the RF energy being blasted out in every direction. Our receivers are just too crude (insufficient G/T or gain-over-thermal) so SETI isn't going to work unless somebody points a highly directional microwave beam straight at us and uses nuclear reactors to power the transmitter. SETI doesn't look at light wavelengths so it wouldn't detect lasers.

The money spent on SETI should be cut and used for other purposes.

2) Another consideration is that the Earth is located so freaking far out in the boondocks as to be non-existent. We are out on the end of one of the spiral arms of the Milky-Way galaxy. Total No-wheres-ville.

3) The third consideration for me is that I don't think we are very interesting. We're just a few generations evolved from running around and eating each other. Our world, our civilization and every individual is driven by the singular pursuit of... well, pussy. Nearly everything that happens on Earth can be linked to the drive to procreate. We are very very boring and I doubt that anyone would send a probe or actually travel here themselves to study us.

So I basically don't believe in UFOs.

The only thing that I ever found the least bit compelling was this audio recording of two F-15 Eagles intercepting an object over the UK. They find the object on radar and fly up to it several times looking at it visually. They both comment that it looks "like a rock":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZimV5JQQHE

3. pspr

pspr

Interesting OHMS. I believe there is something. What it is or where it comes from, I don't know. Maybe there is an intelligence under the sea. Maybe some race has discovered how to fold space. Our intelligence is so young that there has to be races far advanced from us somewhere. Did God make the Universe so large just so we would have something to look at through our telescopes? There is so much we don't know that I remain open to the possibilities.

And, this:
    In the late 80's my sister lived in a house on a lake in a rural subdivision west of Omaha. One Christmas or Thanksgiving the family met at her house for the holiday. The day after I arrived my Dad wanted to tell me something. He said he got up in the middle of the night a couple days earlier and witnessed a cigar shaped craft slowly moving over the water. It had what appeared to be windows and eventually just shot off over the nearby hills. My Dad had never lied to me my entire life and never made up stories for fun. I have no doubt that what he said to me actually happened.

Personally I have never had an encounter with anything that I could definitively describe as a UFO.

4. Looks to me like some whiz kids invented a flying contraption. Get ready to invest Fellas!

Rennick Buffett out:cool:

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'm an RF engineer and you don't think I know about the WOW signal? Oh man.

One thing that is interesting about the WOW event is that so much power came into the antenna aperture that the the relative magnitude data occurred in a sin(x)/x shape which is a perfect antenna gain pattern plot for that antenna. It was probably a gamma ray burst, a cosmological event that is known to occur.

It was never repeated. A single data point is an anomaly not a signal. When we start receiving the alien version of I Love Lucy I might start to believe in it.

6. Mr_You

Mr_You

We are in a period of human history on earth where individuals have the technology to discover and communicate to others that we are not alone in the universe. This discovery will not be credited to a single individual but to humanity as a whole.

This is as controversial and disruptive to our existence as Galileos discovery that the earth is not the center of the universe.

Do not expect non-earth-human species to "land on the White House lawn". They are far more respectful and intelligent than to do something as disruptive as that.

It will take a few generations for this to become common knowledge. Some folks just aren't ready and the "E.T.s" are aware of this.

7. Just a few generations huh?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just so you know its not just confined to the ancient Egyptians...this Mayan artifact was just released by the mexican government this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZ0ZEsoEKRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. pspr

pspr

Peil, don't get too excited about those clay disks showing solar systems and alien space craft. A friend and I made those in pottery class in the 8th grade. I always wondered where they disappeared to. :D

9. And here we go, from fantasies about the GOP winning to fantasies about UFO's. At least there might be a chance of UFO's existing.

Nice to see all the hatred and ugliness get together for a festival of sorts, trying to find something to hang on Obama, pointless crapola.

No wonder L-Kabong decided to bail out, nothing here any longer but a bunch of good old boys pretending they matter in the real world. The childishness is just a bit much. I'll still drop by to have a laugh, or to see if there is anyone making any sense whatsoever.

Good luck to AK, L-Kabong, FT and all the rest of the real people. You other guys, well, good luck too. I stayed long enough to win my obvious bet, thanks Jem, and see the rest of you implode.

Go ahead and have fun, make up stuff, say nasty things, do what you do best. I'll observe from the background for a while.

I've had my best year trading in several, and am having so much fun in my new ventures that I am really looking forward to 2013.

You guys on the progressive side, I'll continue to check PM's, and thanks for your support.

#10     Nov 13, 2012