UCONN Baby!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, Apr 2, 2004.

1. This team is so powerful that even very poor team free throw shooting might not be able to derail this "juggernaut"

If Duke's Shelden Williams gets into foul-trouble early ( which he has done much of the season ) , you can turn out the lights on the Dukies!

:p

2. True to form, Duke's Sheldon Williams fouls out of the game at the last 5 minute mark and the UCONN HUskies go onto the FINALS once again!!!

:)

3. Wow!
    What does the fact that there are only 28 views of this thread, let alone no other remarks about the one of the greatest Final Fours in history by members of ET?

This is simply absurd.
    What a bunch of "low-lifes".

:(

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wait a minute Waggie, I'm having a hard time keeping track of all your teams. First there was Cal, then Stanford, now Uconn. Hmm, what to make of this. Now I know you use to live there, but still Waggie, you made at least a few dozen posts these past few months on how great Stanford is, yet when Uconn reaches the final, you are all over them.

Now having said all that, that was a great game. Duke choked big time. They took two stupid and I mean stupid shots from the perimeter with the shot clock winding down. That cost them the game. I still for the life of me can't figure out why teams try to milk the clock like in a football game. Statistically this does not make sense unless you have the last shot.

For example, Duke was so focused on trying to use up the whole shot clock that they never could get a good shot off. Had they been more focused on just creating easy baskets and playing good defense with an 8 pt lead, they would have had this game in the bag. But why do so many teams do this. I just don't get it.

It's not like football where you literally can keep the ball and clock running for 8 or 9 minutes and run out the game. All you are doing is creating a situation where making baskets is going to be near impossible because you will never get a good look with 2 secs on the shot clock. I mean who am I to second guess coach K, but come on, you have an 8 pt lead, just say the hell with the clock and create easy baskets. Oh well, I just don't understand the logic behind that. Good game though. I'm taking Georgia Tech in the final.

5. I think that you hit the nail right on the head . . .

Coach K got totally outcoached by Coach C!

As for my being a CAL fan, that goes without saying.
    That is my alma-mater. And yes, I thought that Stanford was gonna atleast make the Great Eight.

As for UCONN, I was in Westport back in 1999 when they won the Championship and when Tragjan Langdon of Duke turned the ball over when he traveled in the last minute. I even got the National Championship T-Shirt too!

So there.
    Still, I'm amazed at how no one except for me and you seem to care about the Final Four. Goes to show just what kind of people are on this site, or does it?

6. Coach Calhoun kept Okafor on the bench, even painfully so, in order to keep him out of foul trouble. Gotta give the coach a lot of credit for that!

By the time that Calhoun "released" Okafor back into the game, Okafor was like a caged animal ready to unleash his dominance over the Duke big men. Again, a great "strategic" call by Calhoun, tactical as well as emotional!

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, like I said, I think coach K dropped the ball. He got outcoached. I agree with you on that. He should have Duke taking the ball to the basket and created easy shots instead of milking the clock. You know there is an old saying, and it's very true in football, when you play not to lose, you usually lose. I can't even count how many times I see a team up by a couple of td's and they just sit on the ball and try to run out the clock. They are playing scared and the other teem eventually catches on to this and they start getting confident because they see that you don't have any confidence.

Any coach worth his salt will never let that happen. You never should stop attacking. Nothing wrong with working the clock but not at the expense of winning the game. There is absolutely no excuse for Duke to be working the clock with 4 to 5 minutes left to play. No excuse for that.

8. Anyone notice that Duke's last half court shot made the spread for them? A lot of pissed people ....

9. Yep.

That 3-pointer phucked a lot of guys BIG TIME!

10. Again, I can't repeat this enough . . .

I am totally mystified as to how the people on this website couldn't give a rats ass about one of the greatest sports competitions in the World occuring right here, and right now in San Antonio. In fact, The Final is tomorrow night and only Mav and I seem to be psyched for it!

It's truly a very sad comment about ET.

#10     Apr 5, 2004