Uber drivers can now lease cars through uber... But prices look insane!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jun 7, 2016.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Google to bring its ride game into Uber's backyard
    Google will launch a ride service in the Bay Area that will eventually be open to all Waze users near San Francisco this fall. It will be different than Uber and Lyft, operating as a way to connect riders with drivers heading in the same direction, at a rate of 54 cents per mile. (Wall Street Journal)

#101     Aug 31, 2016
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

"Waze". .... I gotta look that one up. Never heard of it. $0.54/mile! Thats dirt cheap! I'm down. Too bad Uber isn't already publicly traded... I'd short the spit out of it.

#102     Aug 31, 2016
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Judge rejects Uber settlement on rider fees
    A U.S. District Judge ruled that Uber's proposed settlement of $28.5 million was insufficient because Uber made16 times that amount– $448 million – from a controversial Safe Ride Fee. The fee was introduced as a way to cover the costs of background checks as well as vehicle and insurance checks, but consumers complained the checks were not thorough.(Bloomberg)

#103     Sep 1, 2016
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

#104     Sep 2, 2016
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

The family car is in free fall
    The sedan is dying, and the usual cure-all prescription - cash on the hood - isn't working. In one of the U.S. auto industry's best years ever, with sales through August 0.5 percent ahead of last year's record pace, demand for midsize cars is at a five-year low. (Automotive News)

#105     Sep 6, 2016
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. Anacreon

Anacreon

add in insurance and the uber prices look like bargains for all but the most anal drivers

#106     Sep 6, 2016
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

#107     Sep 7, 2016
  8. #108     Sep 15, 2016
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

#109     Sep 19, 2016
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker

#110     Oct 13, 2016