UAW digging its own grave?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by a529612, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Unions will be extinct in 20 years. There is no room for them in todays ultra competitive economy. If you can't keep or find a job you're screwed. No one can save or help you. The gov programs being diluted. Guaranteed employment is a thing of the past. Middle class is a thing of the past. There are only two classes: the creators and serfs.

#11     Oct 10, 2007
  2. Cesko

Cesko

Middle class is a thing of the past. There are only two classes: the creators and serfs.

Middle class is a short-term phenomenon. It was easy to organize "proletariat" in times of mass production, bargaining power as a result. Proletariat is too dumb to realize they can't win, strikes or no strikes.

Union scum is not going away quietly though
    http://www.uschamber.com/issues/index/labor/cardchecksecrbal.htm

#12     Oct 10, 2007
  3. You guys are missing what's happening out there.
    I don't know or care if unions are or aren't dying/coming back/whatever. But what you do have to realize is that Dubya's killed the Reps for the next generation, the same way LBJ killed the Dems forty years ago.
    I'm not counting on the SS cap surviving 2009, just to take one consequence.
    Plan for a US that, to reverse Martha Mitchell's 1970 quote, is going so far to the left that in 30 years you won't even recognize it.
    I'll most likely be either gone or so senile I might as well be by then. Those of you who are younger need to realize what's going on, though.

#13     Oct 10, 2007
  4. China will dig UAW's grave for it....cheaper and on budget

#14     Oct 10, 2007
  5. #15     Oct 21, 2007
  6. W R O N G..this is all a part of inevitable globalism done through incrementalism. Globalist's have the power..Globalist's are going to make the rules wether we like it or not.

#16     Oct 21, 2007
  7. Auto workers make too much money. A lot of the GM employees were making $60 an hour with benefits calculated in. A lot of them are doing simple factory work...

That can't work in the long run... they can either take a pay cut or lose their jobs.

#17     Oct 21, 2007
  8. 6-figure income with high school diploma. Go figure.

#18     Oct 21, 2007
  9. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

That should be 6-figure income with no high school diploma.

These union workers are a bunch of morons. I should know I used to work as an engineer at Caterpillar, which consists of thousands of these crybabies.

#19     Oct 21, 2007