UAUA (and LCC)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by m22au, Sep 8, 2008.

1. they are reviewing them as news driven trades but they are reviewing some extreme trades.

#11     Sep 8, 2008
  2. how would they break trades on something like that?

i got killed!

would they say any trade between such and such time are cancelled? how could they cancel these trades?

#12     Sep 8, 2008
  3. Reason being they know that they WILL have to bail soon. They are just waiting for the next shoe to drop. Hoping to make some money on this fake rally from all they bought with inside info on Friday.

Fundamental bullish case... another bailout?!?!

LMFAO... market is @#$@#@

#13     Sep 8, 2008
  4. if it is untrue they better not cancel my trade thats a good runner if we open up around 10 +

#14     Sep 8, 2008
  5. WOW what a scary ride.

I saw it falling I bought from $8 all the way down to $4.50... ende dup with 1k shares that showed me as much as $3000 out of the money... didn't panic... on the way back up, whenever it stlaled, i started selling, when it stalled around $6.00 which was my average cost I ended up getting out of the whole thing... took a $300 loss... then the mofo goes up and prints $10! And now it's halted and should open back at $12! I had the right idea and the right plan and the stones to hold through the pain but not the gain... a lesson I already knew but paid to learn again in trader psychology. On the bright side, a $-3k open position became only a $300 loss.

#15     Sep 8, 2008
  6. im seeing 9s

#16     Sep 8, 2008
  7. If anyone made money on this madness, congratuations!

#17     Sep 8, 2008
  8. gaj

gaj

what has happened on these kinds of trades before....

they sometimes say "all trades below X are cancelled". sometimes, it's "all trades after X time are cancelled" - in this case, 10:57 would make sense.

the worst case scenario is if you sold short at let's say 10:58 am, and they cancelled all trades after 11:00 am. and, yes, that type of situation has happened many times before....

#18     Sep 8, 2008
  9. shneed

shneed

I bought at at $4.20 sold at $7 and change. Not sure the trade will stand. NASDAQ is notorious for cancelling trades.

#19     Sep 8, 2008
  10. m22au

m22au

Do they bust options trades in these types of situations?

Or just the equity?

#20     Sep 8, 2008