U.S. warns of possible Qaeda financial cyber attack

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by just21, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Mvic

Mvic

It galls me to no end that those who have been questioning peoples patriotism the last 5 years are the very ones who have failed so miserably at looking out for the troops and the security of the homeland. And have failed to catch the culprit behind 9/11. Hopefully the new guy in 2008 will make catching Bin Luney one of the 1st 100 days goals along with the full implementation of the 9/11 commissions recommendations.

Re Iraq and Mucky n' sad, my conclusion is that for whatever reason the current administration is happy to have the guy around. Nothing to do with the will of the American people.

#21     Dec 2, 2006
  2. Maybe the current administration knows exactly where OBL is and
    they are listening to every word the freak says...

His group could be infilatrated by now...

Oh, that's right. That thought would be completely
    over the Dumocrat's heads. Forgot about that...:p

#22     Dec 3, 2006
  3. Mvic

Mvic

The days of giving this administration the benefit of the doubt are long gone. If they knew where OBL was they would have pulled the rabbit out of the hat before the mid terms for the short term political advantage, consequences be dammed. Basically they have no idea.

#23     Dec 3, 2006
  4. Eric Bolling a la Fast Money fame. He talked about it on Friday's show.

#24     Dec 3, 2006
  5. I used to work at a large multi-national bank (200,000+ employees). All the disaster recovery has long since left the East coast of U.S.

I was talking to an in-law recently. He also works for a large financial services (smaller than 200,000 emp.) He told me that all disaster recover will soon be relocated out of U.S.

Sky is falling:D

#25     Dec 3, 2006
  6. jsmooth

jsmooth

I thought he was an oil/nat gas trader? what was he recommend selling, SP futures or SPY?

#26     Dec 4, 2006
  7. technical difficulties my ass. maybe the NYSE outage is an... Al Qaeda strike!?

#27     Dec 4, 2006
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Maybe they were working hard to shore up security and they screwed something up? :) I do recall a day when I was crawling around above the ceiling of a lot of offices, tracing a cable that I wanted to disconnect. I pulled the plug and then I heard all these people below me complaining they lost their network, they lost half a day's work, etc., all up in arms. Oops, wrong cable, my bad. I reconnected it and went away quietly.... the truth will never come out, never..... :)

#28     Dec 4, 2006
  9. AK100

AK100

Mmmmm, obviously some Govt Agency and/or private sector businesses want some more money:D :D

The lowest common denominator to all these announcements is always money.

#29     Dec 4, 2006
  10. This is a late response but he didn't recommend anything on the show; just mentioned how he acted on the rumor/news and how he ended up covering his position with a loss.

#30     Dec 9, 2006