U.S. troops kill pregnant woman in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, May 31, 2006.

1. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

No win situation? How do you know?

#21     Jun 2, 2006
  2. I don't agreed with what you said. Who are we to comment/to tell how others should run their country? Every reasons you heard from the government is nothing but lie. The only reason why we invaded Iraq is because of self-interest, or OIL.

If some country invades the USA tomorrow for the reason to free us from poorly run government and our national debt, what would you think? It's a legitiment reason, becase we are the biggest debtor in the world, and our administration is running poorer.

Since we have been in Iraq for more than 3 years, and what have we accomplished? Absolute nothing, except we trashed Iraq, and many people has die.

#22     Jun 2, 2006
  3. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Well said.

Sherman understood both the ugliness of war and the necessity of winning wars. Perhaps with today’s military technology, Sherman wouldn’t have to do anything like a March to the Sea in the Sunni triangle. But at the same time, perhaps he would be frustrated to hell right now with his hands tied by all the high ranking McClellans.

“Every attempt to make war easy and safe will result in humiliation and disaster.

“An Army is a collection of armed men obliged to obey one man. Every change in the rules which impairs the principle weakens the army.

“I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.”

“I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are.”

“I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy.”

“If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.

“This war differs from other wars, in this particular. We are not fighting armies but a hostile people, and must make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war.

“War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.

. . . William T. Sherman

#23     Jun 2, 2006
  4. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

We'll see how you feel after we win...

Let me ask you this: who deserves the moral high ground? The U.S. occupation, A brutal Arab dictatorship, or an Islamofacist regime? Do you think Saddam deserves the moral high ground because he is an Arab and he “was there first”? Do you think the Islamofacists deserve it once they take Iraq after a bloody civil war that would ensue because we cut and run?

#24     Jun 2, 2006
  5. patoo

patoo

This thread is why I want my vote for Bush back. We never should have thrown out Sadam. The stupid Iraqi's deserve nothing better! This is their mess and they can't fix it. They seem to always blame somebody else for their problems.

War is War. It is ugly and it is messy. Been to one??

A 20 something soldier that has been shot at, car bombed, watched his buddies die from bombs, etc is going to be trigger happy. Wouldn't you?

In a war somebody is going to lose, including pregnant women and little defenseless kids.

The US is rapidly getting to a lose-lose situation no matter what we do.

Thank U, Bush...you shit!

#25     Jun 2, 2006
  6. Win what?

Didn't we already see Mission Accomplished?

Didn't we already have free elections?

Didn't we already see them get their constitution?

Winning the peace? Winning the good wil of the Iraq people?

Define what you mean by "winning."

This hint: Iraq is in a bloody civil war now, that's what happens when Iraqis are killing Iraqis...

#26     Jun 2, 2006
  7. patoo

patoo

So?? whadda want to do with Iraq now?, ZZZ.

Bail?

#27     Jun 2, 2006
  8. Leave, and turn it over to the UN....

It is a world problem now, not just a US problem.

We (Bush and company) have generated such hatred, and ill will, the best thing to do now is bring in fresh blood to find a resolution.

The Iraqi people don't trust us, as evidence by an Iraqi minister's recent comments, we are banging the war drum with Iran...

This is major clusterfuck and has been handled like a bunch of dumb Texans...

#28     Jun 2, 2006
  9. patoo

patoo

You got that right!.

I think the UN is too smart to touch it. Otherwise, I would agree with you.

#29     Jun 2, 2006
  10. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

You’re delusional. There has never been anything close to a civil war in Iraq. And you know the “Mission Accomplished” banner on the aircraft carrier was about the end of major combat operations in the beginning and nothing else.

Winning is defined as an Iraq standing on its own in freedom, resistant to civil war and totalitarianism. The media has obviously fooled you into believing scores of Iraqis here and there represent the sentiments of 26 million people.

All this talk about how the Administration has over-estimated the Iraqi people and not one mention about how our leftist pin headed intellectuals routinely underestimate them and believe they are all a bunch of dumb surfs who can’t possibly govern themselves and run a nation on their own. Typical leftist mentality. That’s why the left loves dictators.

#30     Jun 2, 2006