U.S. Traders: What will u do if Transaction Tax passes? Which country to move to?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by aeliodon, Sep 27, 2008.

1. FUCK YOU. I want more specifics (if there are any) and I want to understand this better, or ignore my post.

#51     Sep 28, 2008
  2. Thanks for the entertainment on a Sunday morning, you are very funny.

Traders are portable, they will trade what suits them and they hunt in packs (also known as liquidity)

If for example a tax is imposed on trading US futures Indices, the pack will move to another instrument thereby altering it's liquidity and patterns.

If US gov imposes taxes on all traders they will be penalising their friends whom they are currently proposing will be on the beneficiaries of your money no less than 700B of it.

However, given their sense of self-importance who knows what will happen.

All I know is that the markets have been driven into an electronic trading shop, in much the same way as US RE was turned into one giant electronic ATM.
    Just as people forgot the purpose of housing , so to go the markets.

If the Aussies were to open access to a glbx market called "two flies crawling up a window" and if the terms were to be better than favourable, the money will flow towards it thereby creating liquidity and creating trading patterns.

Smart money always flows towards opportunity.

regards
    f9

#52     Sep 28, 2008
  3. oohhh chinese bashing time. didnt an indian take ur tech job away instead, but now bash chinese too?? heck lets just fuck everyone who isnt white?

#53     Sep 28, 2008
  4. taxes will go higher. guess what? parasite scalping traders also are entitled to participate in society. congratulate yourself for being sociable parasites.

#54     Sep 28, 2008
  5. Exactly, everyone afraid of this .25% tax is being absurd.
    I'm sure that number was just thrown off the top of whoever said its head.
    The only better way to destroy Wall Street would be to put a .50% tax on every trade.. Trade will just move elsewhere, its not going to happen.
    Its just grand standing against Wall Street with an election a month away.
    To me the worst thing that will come out of this is futures being taxed the same as equities, but even that I doubt.

#55     Sep 28, 2008
  6. No.... fuck you, read through the thread, there are almost 70 pages on this and every detail you could possibly want is within this thread. You're just too lazy to read it or too stupid to understand it.

#56     Sep 28, 2008
  7. He most likely is a college kid who doesn't have a clue.

So don't be too harsh on'em. These are scary times for market participants, and there are some very experienced and high level traders who posted on here who are scared out of their fucking wits.

NasdaqPlayer, just read through the thread, and keep your eye on your local paper, as well as get an online subscription to the NY Times or the Wall Street Journal, and you will know more than virtually everyone on the board about this.

What fearless9 said is also very apropo.

#57     Sep 28, 2008
  8. I would be one of those who were scared out of their wits. The fact that it was ever brought up means the idea is still floating out there and we still have to fight this by writing congress, writing to retail firms, continue to look for possible alternatives if this every passes. It's not time to just sit and forget about this because we're in the clear for now.

#58     Sep 28, 2008
  9. I agree 100% ... this thing even being mentioned was like the Bell Tolling the deathknell for the US Markets.

And we all most definitely would have been the first-line casualties. :eek: :mad:

#59     Sep 28, 2008
    #60     Sep 28, 2008