U.S. Stock Market Exodus Is Second-Biggest Ever, BofA Says

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Altavest_Erik, Dec 14, 2018.

1. guru likes this.
  2. That measured in "inflated $$$" or percentage?

zdreg likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I thought they said this bull market was going to last another 15 years or so.... I mean they even called for s$p 3000 by Xmas time.....

4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

we are down slightly over 10 percent. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. Nasdaq100 is still positive for the year 2018 despite the second largest stock market exodus (according to BoFA). Perhaps not as serious as it sounds.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. I don't really understand what it means by exodus. When someone sells, another person needs to buy to make a transaction. So, exodus here must be matched by injection there. So, what does exodus really mean? Shouldn't each transaction be considered neutral since it consist of a buy and sell?

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. qlai

qlai

I take it to mean that the money is starting to rotate out of equities by active participants. Have you made changes to your 401k plan to go to cash? Most people are still in auto-buy mode. I don't even remember my login. Once we drop another 15-30% I m going to start calling ... get me off your stupid robo-advisor and move me to bonds! That's most likely when the shares go from weak hands to strong hands. Stay tuned.

8. %%
    Good question. Could be true, helpme; but here is the other side-not neutral[1]When BAC closes down for week [-3.74%] ,above average volume of 433+ million volume, many of us call that sell volume [red] [2] AKA exodus.:cool::cool: