U.S. Senate says YES to amensty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by riserburn, May 25, 2006.

1. Both of my piece of shit Senators voted in favor of the bill. Two fucking scumbag Democrats voted to let our country be overrun with ILLEGAL aliens!!!

ZZZzzzzzzz must be so proud. :mad:

#11     May 25, 2006
  2. Why focus on amnesty only?

1. The bill increases H1-B visas from 65000 (65,000 good jobs) to 115,000 (115,000 good jobs to foreign nationals).

2. The bill includes an ESCALATOR clause, which automatically INCREASES the H1-B visas by 20 % a year every year that they hit the cap.

#12     May 25, 2006
  3. hcour

hcour Guest

From the LA Times:

The bill now goes to a committee of House and Senate members, who will try to forge a compromise between the Senate legislation and a much more punitive bill approved by the House in December.

The task may prove impossible. House Speaker Dennis J. Hastert (R-Ill.) said this week that he would not schedule a compromise bill for floor action unless it commanded the support of a majority of the House's Republican majority.

"If Speaker Hastert insists on the 'majority of the majority,' "Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.)said this week, then immigration reform is dead.

Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.), a leader of House conservatives as head of the 100-plus Republican Study Committee, criticized the Senate bill for providing amnesty to large numbers of people who had broken the law.

"This does not mean, however, that we cannot work together to find a solution to the problem of illegal immigration," Pence said. "The real rational middle ground can be found in a bill that is tough on border security, employer enforcement, and contains a no-amnesty guest worker program run by the private sector."

H

#13     May 26, 2006
  4. g222

g222

I've worked in the hospitality industry all my life - many of those years side by side with illegals from several different countries. For the most part, I found them to be hard-working people who interacted with humility and respect. Their recent national day of protest highlighted a disdain for our laws that suddenly made me realize how misplaced my support was. They showed America what a day without illegals is like ... maybe America should show them what a day without LEGALS would be like.

After 27 years of loving it in Florida, Houston has suddenly begun to look more and more like paradise.

#14     May 26, 2006
  5. I think many of us have similar experiences. This is not about individual illegals. We have to focus on the broader picture, which is whether or not our immigration laws ever meant anything. What about all those europeans who have been trying to come here legally but are stuck in a long line? Why do we give preference to lawbreakers?

There are also a host of objectionable features in the Senate bill, like in state tuition for illegals. How can you favor an illegal over an American citizen who has been paying taxes their whole life?

Bottom line, this is 1987 all over again. The same promises were mad ethen, that an amnesty would solve all our problems. Instead it multiplied them.

#15     May 26, 2006
  6. I listened to that little lying weasel Lindsey Graham last night on O'Reilly. How dumb does he really think people are? He said he supported this bill to get control of the illegal situation. That's like saying we'll legalize meth and give an amnesty toall meth dealers so that we can get control of it.

It's already against the law to be here illegally. If we want to get control of the situation, all we have to do is build a fence, man it and then start deporting people and checking employer records. If employers face liability, they will stop hiring them. Voters will accept a guest worker program when they see there is a committment to enforce the existing law.

No one has answered the real question here--if you pass the Senate bill, what do you do about the illegals who will just ignore it? Come here and stay illegally, just as they have been doing? We've already told them we won't deport them, and there are no real employer sanctions. All the stuff about learning english and paying fines is just a giant red herring.

#16     May 26, 2006
  7. jem

jem

What is motivating these Senators to go against the electorate. Do they not realize they may be throwing themselves out of office.

This is the internet and blog age. These guys are going to be haunted by this act of defiance. I personally can not believe that they are voting this way. Each and every one of them must be so beholden to the money. They must be corrupt to the core. They are all barely legal versions of Duke Cunningham. 62 Dookies.

#17     May 26, 2006
  8. I think if you look closely you will see that most of the Republican Senators who are up for election voted against it. No doubt this was factored into their calculations. The ones who just got past the voters were free to vote as their corporate masters directed them. For example, I really doubt that Lindsey graham would have been eager to face the voters of South Carolina as the champion of illegal immigration.

In fairness, many voted their consciences, pro or con. We know we can absolutely count on about seven to ten Republicans to vote with the Democrats on any significant issue. People like McCain, Hagel, Graham, Collins, Snow, Specter, DeConcini and Chaffee. Whatever. The Republican Party has outlived its usefulness. They had control of all three branches of government and accomplished little of value and much to be ashamed of.

#18     May 26, 2006
  9. jem

jem

Let us start a new branch. elite republicans.

#19     May 26, 2006
  10. Count me in!:)

#20     May 26, 2006